Thursday 11 March 2010

ICF Rally: More to Life

Luke 14:15-24 - When one of those at the table with Him heard this, he said to Jesus, ‘Blessed is the man who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God.’ Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.’ But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.’ Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please excuse me. Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’ The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and orders his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.’ ‘Sir,’ the servant said, ‘what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.’ Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full. I tell you, not one of those men who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.’”

The climax of our one-year term at CF is here. It is something that we had in vision when some of us became the committee. The day that we had been anticipating was finally here yesterday. The publicity posters were already up for two weeks and notices were posted all over at Facebook. At the night before, we spent the wee hours in the morning setting up the backdrop. We sacrificed sleep but we knew that it would be worth it at the end. On the next day, all the CF-ers took turns to work round the clock to set up the MPH and making sure all decorations and chairs are in place. The PA System came and the sound was very neat. When the band from Ipoh came to soundtest during practice, it was superb. Every beat of the drum just sounded good. I've never recalled myself hearing such good audio pickup on the stage at campus.

We opened the doors at 6.30pm. People from other colleges also came, KTT, Mara Banting and INTI Subang in particular. Our very own college people also came and by 7.30pm plus, the MPH was around 3/4 filled. We had a great time rocking out with the Psalmist Generation to praise God. The drama skit headed by Lynne was done very well too and I pray that the message in the drama there is read by all those who are there. When Pastor Chris Long came on stage, quite a sizeable amount left the MPH but we continue to believe that God will touch those who are willing to remain there. During the altar call, almost more than half of those that remain actually came forward to dedicate their lives to Christ. I believe that it's quite an encouragement and testimony for many of the CF-ers who were there that night becoz some of us were really amazed at God's hand at work during the rally. All this would not have been possible without His help. A really big thank you also to all those that are willing to serve on the day and help out at the rally. :)

No comments: