Tuesday 16 March 2010

The sound of cars colliding

For once, something exciting happens in this long stretch of mundane studying hours. At 6.05pm, Stan was focused in going to his equity class when he was involved in a rather amusing accident. Ok, I was driving straight along the main hostel route and thinking about what to write during the pressurising 45 minutes essay practice at c;ass on incompletely constituted trust. It was the usual drill to class and then I saw this red Iswara coming out from the dining hall car park. I saw it coming and was thinking that standard traffic protocol would mean that he has to stop for me to go first since it's my right of way.

As I was moving forward, I could feel the red car moving dangerously too close to me. TOO dangereously close. So I started sounding my horn. 2 seconds passed the junction, I thought he had stopped to let me go when I heard a loud crash coupled with glass splinters. I felt the impact vibration for the back of my car and I knew that either his vehicle or mine is really screwed. The feeling of being crashed is surreal. I stopped my car, got out and I saw that his car's entire front bumber fell off. At first when I looked at the rather severe damage at his car, I thought that I'm gonna kena already. But after thinking a while, I realised that he's the one at fault who crashed into me because I was going straight and he should be stopping for me. I discovered later that the left back passenger seat door of my car had a huge inward dent on it.

The driver who came out of the red Iswara looked at me and I looked at him. The whole bumper of his car came off and I started off by telling him that I had horned to tell him to stop but he didn't. He asked me whether my car sustained damage and I just pointed the dent to him. He lamented back that his car is worse off than mine. Based on the accent that he was speaking, I gathered that he is a China boy. AO Security was surprisingly very quick at the scene as they passed me some forms to fill up and while I was filling up, attention was building up with people around the walkways starting to stare at both the cars. Oh well, 5 minutes of fame then. I was getting quite annoyed at that time too because all the repairs will take some time and there goes my nasi kandar on the next day. Ah, I was thinking that if only I were 10 seconds faster or slower, I would not have be on a collision of fate with China boy.

In the end, the China boy agreed to compensate for any damages that my car had sustained but he insisted that I bring it to his friend's garage to fix. I don't really bother where he wants it repaired as long as it is repaired and restored. Hmmm..at least he's not making trouble. But even if he tries to, I'll make sure that he'll know that he picked the wrong car to bang on that day. I learn later at night that Jan Vy and Evelyn actually heard the sound of the collision from their hostel block. Woah, I didn't expect it to be so loud but news of it sure spread fast. Some people were surprised to see me smiling while I was there. Actually, I was trying to contain my thoughts on the absurdity in how the China boy can actually ram into me when I'm moving at 10km/h. In any case, I hope that I can settle the car repairs as soon as possible. Interesting episode but it's annoyingly a waste of time.

3 comments:

athens said...

10km/h??? hahahah...

Sherene said...

Help me to say hi to your car. :)

Stan said...

lol..sherene, the secretary car returns back his greetings xD