Saturday 20 December 2008

FU-YOH! CAN DRIVE LIAO!!

I passed!!! Time to roam the roads! GTA real life! HAHA..bloody awesome...seriously, no decent chap can enjoy life in Malaysia without the automobile skill. =p

The driving test was a kinda funny experience. There's a whooping 150 over people taking the car test. And another 100 for the motorcycle test. It looks like darn busy day for the JPJ folks and the chances look good for them to pick the shortest route for the road driving test. The registration itself took almost about 1.5 hrs. When I took my number, I was number 93..haha.

The first test was going up the hill. This is the easiest test for people to fail. If one fails this part, he/she can forget about taking the remainder two parking test. Even a slight jerk off the line is considered failed. The worse thing that could happen is wrong balancing which results in the whole car jerking backwards..lol. Of course I'm a lil' nervous about it because anything can go wrong. Anyways, thankfully, when it was my turn, everything went well and the car went up and down the hill smoothly. Whew!

Next up is the parallel parking and the three pointer which contained some mumble jumble. I had to go to across to the other side and wait at an area for my turn. My friend from SP is no. 90 and there was this Indian guy who is no. 91. So, after my friend went, I 'm prepared to listen for my number after that Indian guy's number is called. Somewhere along the way, I heard the female JPJ officer calling out "bla..bla..tiga" I didn't move coz 93 couldn't possibly have come before 91 is gone. The JPJ officer repeated again..and then said my name. I was like "shit.." and the annoyed woman gave me a chiding..haha. And I was told to wait for an extra 10 plus people before she would call for my number. Apparently, the Indian guy also missed his number, so the living followed the blind. Ugghh..but anyways, when it was my turn, I did my stuff well, and it was great to see my three pointer parking turning out well too. It's pretty amazing to see how some people could fail the parallel parking..lol.

It was half the relief after finishing passing all 3 of the parking components. Well, at that time, I was thinking that even if I happen to "fail" the driving road test, I would have one less component to worry about if I wanna retake. Time seemed to pass very slowly as by 1pm or so, all the parking stuff were done and everybody were just waiting for the road test. I was hoping that I don't get that female JPJ officer again coz by now she would have man-marked me..haha. When it was my turn, I found out that I possibly have gotten the second worst choice, the fierce, garang looking old fox who was inspecting the motorcycles. Yup, as expected, I got the shortest route for the road test. Ahhhh..he even ask me to drive faster coz he still has to handle loads of other candidates. The ride was smooth going and I managed to return back to the driving school with minimal mistakes. I signed my name at the form and when I checked the results, I was elated to see "Lulus" there! Lalalalala..superb stuff..Uncle Ho was nice enough to deliver my new driving license to my aunt's house yesterday. Primary mission accomplished. It's definitely worth it to trade my supposed attachment time for it. Now, it's time to figure out how to get my vehicle to Nilai..hahahaha.

2 comments:

soo jin said...

just drive back to Nilai !! can improve your driving skills anyway ~~~ =)

Stan said...

yea! will be looking forward to that =)