Monday 14 July 2008

Nice little adventure detour

What the %@^%@^#%!!! I miss my bus ride in Singapore by 5 minutes..a mere FIVE minutes. As a result, I have to pay the effects and consequences that came along it which comes in the form of precious time and energy. *tooooooooot*

Anyways, I completed the primary mission of collecting my A' Levels certificate from Nanyang - the reason why I came all the way to the south in the first place. Probably the last time I'll visit that funny place..haha. I met up with Sandeep on the way to collect it but unfortunately couldn't stay for long since I had got a bus to catch. Btw, the School Graduation Certificate is neat document. I'm fortunate to have my history teacher as the form tutor to write my testimonial since he has got the vocabulary to describe me..haha. I wouldn't want a maths teacher to write my testimonial..haha.

I was already halfway walking to the taxi stand when I realised that I forgot to take my newly-bought formal clothes. So, I ran back all the way to get it before rushing off to the taxi stand once again. When I reach the taxi stand, there's no taxis and there were like 3 extra people in front of me(and they just suddenly appear just when i wanna take taxi). After these pesky pple, I had my taxi and thankfully there's like no jam on the road but there's lots of traffic lights! Argghh..and when i reached the bus area, I rushed to the counter but the worker there say the bus left liao. I was like wth...only 5 minutes. But shit already happened and nasi sudah menjadi bubur. I then went back home to take some refresher and milk to quench my gastric stomach. Anyways, I would say it's a small blessing in disguise because I found out that I actually forget so save my presentation script onto my thumbdrive. So, in being late, I had a second chance to save it and prevent myself the tedious task of rewriting it all over again..Whew! *relieved*

After I had rest enough at home, I started my journey or rather "pilgrimage" to Larkin at Johor Bahru. First up is MRT trip, then switch to bus 170 (lost count the amount of times I keep beeping my ez-link card from coming up and down the bus). Oh, and the Singapore checkpoint is so *toot*. I spent a good 45 minutes standing down there to get my passport chop. Thankfully, I had good Muse music blasting at my ears to keep me company. After checkpoint, take 170 again to Larkin and reached there about 1.50pm. I was wondering if I would end up getting stranded there..haha. Then, at that bus station there, I just hop on to some random bus after some peddler sold me the seremban ticket in which the bus is about the leave. Of course, there's some worry that the random bus would end up at KL instead of Seremban and I would need to waste extra time travelling again. Again, God is good and the random bus did stop at Seremban. Once I reach there, I see no bus going to Nilai available there and so, I take nice little jaywalk around the street of Seremban to the KTM station. I found out the way after some scouting mission last month. It was nice to have a seat in the train and finally, the airport bus that goes to Inti was right at the Nilai bus station when i reached there.

And so says Stan regarding his little "adventure" today after missing the bus by just 5 minutes. That 5 minutes translated into the whole day of "amazing race mode" and he's still screwed for his presentation day on Wednesday :)

1 comment:

soo jin said...

haha pity you..then i can guess you can imagine it since i missed my flight the other day..muahahaha...well you're lucky enough there's a bus in nilai KTM when you reached....otherwise is really pissed off if you got to waste time and wait again...=p