Saturday 5 July 2008

Law Nite

It was a tiring but fun night at Holiday Villa Subang Jaya. They said it's semi-formal, but everyone ended up wearing formal anyways and non-red clothings (the theme of the night was red). We gathered at about 6 pm or so and as the law faculty gatherers became more, people at the bus-stop were staring and wondering why these peeps are wearing so formal.

Anyways, I look like a pirate with my free and easy white collar shirt..maybe a drunk and messy one. I managed to catch the long awaited glimpse of Subang Jaya after so long. It was the road mama used to drive past when she takes me to school. Last time was just a place with a newly built shopping centre and lots of construction material. Now, there's billboards and even a private college beside the shopping centre. As the bus turns into the Subang Medical Centre, flashes of memories started coming back coz that was the place where I was hospitalised when I was eight years old. Lol, I still remember the hospital food and the daily blood test injection I need to take. The good old Western restaurant "The Windmill" is still there after all these years. Not to mention Sheraton and the Crocodile Farm. And yea, I do remember Holiday Villa but I didn't really enter the place when I was young.

One of my law lecturers brought her cute kid to the dinner and apparently he's more comfortable with guys than gals =P. Before the food was served, there was some performances by outside people from other universities. Apparently there's a lack of musical talent in the law faculty..lol. Ah, perhaps I may perform there in the next law nite but for starters, I need an electric guitarist, bassists and a keyboardist =p. The performers were a duo, one acoustic and a singer. The second song was jazz but I'm familiar with the first. It's the White Stripe's "Seven Nation Army". Wonderful vocals by the singer but I thought the performance would be so pro if there's an electric guitarist plus a drummer. Btw, the music that was provided during dinner by the hotel oldie band (no vocals just instrumental) was very soothing and relaxing. I recognised a couple of old classics there too.

Now, to comment on the food..I'm absolutely delighted with the quality of it. It seriously made NYJC's prom night food look like crap given the price I had to pay for it. It's buffet style for Law Nite and the variety which I was impressed with was the Western appetizers. The mushroom was thick and nice, there's raw cheese (yay! my favourite!) plus some very interesting recipes. One was the mushroom filled with veggies which my bro always like to experiment and the other was honeydew with bacon and spring onions. Ah, there's also chicken with rosemary seasoning (another recipe which my bro tried before..with a duck..lmao). The deserts were beautifully decorated but I was already very full after going for two rounds.

The bus came about 12 am and by the time we reached back, I was just exhausted. It didn't take me long to crash onto bed and doze off..haha.

No comments: