Saturday 12 July 2008

Catching up on old times

I was supposed to meet Tai Guan at the bus-stop opposite my house at 11.30. I thought I was late when I came down at 11.45. I saw a guy with quite short hair(army cut..haha) listening to mp3 at the bus stop and I thought that it was him waiting there. So, I laughed and said hi to him. No reaction and he gave me a funny look. Instantly, I knew I said hi to the wrong guy and I quickly walked away. So embarassing and pai seh! Anyways, I told him to find me at the MRT cos I need to buy a new ez-link card. Even he can't recognise me because of my longer "rocker" hairstyle.

We went to Nanyang office and asked them for the A' Level certs but the office was closed. Darn, this means I had to go on a Monday morning and then rush back to Seremban afterthat. In the end, we decided to go Cafe Cartel to have our lunch. I've decided to pick Western food cos it's hard to get proper Western meals in Nilai. Anyways, I ordered a combo of spaghetti and sirloin steak together. The bill came and guess wad, the service charge + tax was 17% of the bill which was about an extra S$7 per person. Zzzzzz..but fortunately TG managed to squeeze out a 10% discount using his student card. Haha..we had a great time chatting bout stupid old times at Nanyang, all the funny bunch of folks that we came across before and also on our current different experiences. Later went to lepak in the usual areas of Kinokuniya, HMV and Yamaha music store..lol

Anyways, I'm absolutely delighted with my purchase from the music store today. I got Muse's live CD at their Wembley concert 2007! They titled that album HAARP, another connotation to Matt Bellamy's fascination about conspiracy theories..lol. Mine was the special box version and for an extra S$1, I got mini posters of the band members!..haha. Muse live performances are usually mind-blowing and to own them in high quality audio version plus also the DVD video..wahahaha. Now, I can listen to "extended versions" of Stockholm Syndrome and some of the songs in the album also got the extra electric guitar solo and riffs. Definitely a dream compilation for rock lovers :)

4 comments:

soo jin said...

haha..I bet is really embarassing when you wave at some stranger...haha...*pai seh*

Stan said...

lol..yea..fortunately there's not a lot of people the bus stop =p

Anonymous said...

Stan the man, how could you wave to a person that is not even half as handsome as me?! Haha!

soo jin said...

haha i guess your handsome friend tai guan got a little pissed off since you waved at a so-not-handsome guy instead of him...muahahaha...