Sunday 2 March 2008

Kursus Pelajaran Pemandu

Haha..I'm back! The guns did fell silent for a week..lol. My driving course experience was certainly an interesting one but i'm like 1/8 there only. I actually plan to complete the 5hr undang-undang course (road signs and general motor rules) and finish up the test. Apparently, the booking for the test was not possible within such a short time. I could have continued staying on to take the test maybe on tomorrow or on Tuesday but I'm speculating that the results would be out anytime this week since after this Fri is the March holidays.

I think the 5hr course was the first time in many years that I had sat down and listen to a very long lecture that is done in the Malay language(besides my Malay cikgu in SJI..haha). Well, I'm quite pleased that I didn't lose touch very much and could understand what was being taught. The first instructor was more serious but the second one is more on the light-hearted side. But to sit there listening for 5hrs + break time of 1hr + is quite a bore, that's y it's advisable if possible, do it with a friend. It seems that the driving module in Malaysia is quite advanced afterall. The undang-undang test is done computerised and all attendances etc are kept in the JPJ computerised database. This means that I could easily continue my driving course in Sarawak too if I wan too since all my progress is applicable to nationwide.

My stay in my aunt's house in Sungai Petani has been rather fun. I get to experience a real normal family life with lots of food tasting going on. That's way more like it to life than being stuck with two old folks. The only real setback is probably that I don't get Internet access. I also found that perhaps less than 30% of the Chinese in SP could converse in Cantonese as opposed to maybe about 70% in Taiping. The driving instructor uncle that drove me to the school only could converse with me in Mandarin, so I use wadeva broken words that I learn from watching Channel 8 dramas to communicate with him. And I rarely hear anyone speak Canton in SP except in my aunt's home. Of course, the amount of Canton speakers is mostly concentrated in Selangor and KL where I spent my early schooling days..haha. In Taiping, it's easy to converse in Cantonese with anyone there except maybe some of the younger ones.

I think I'm may be planning to go to Singapore on this Wed night if my speculations are confirmed. Haha, Wed night and not earlier cos i gotta watch my Champions League football in the afternoon :)

No comments: