Saturday 23 February 2008

Learning driving

I think I'm going broke..lol. The crazy internet bill was slow to come and when it came, it included 2 months of fees plus RM 75 activation payment. So, altogether, I had to pay a grand total of RM 273 at one shot. I'm going over to my aunt's place in Sungai Petani to learn driving! I figured out that if I were to take it from someone who is my relatives' lobang, I will get some mercy from the examiner..haha.

Today the youth group say goodbye to two gals that would be going out of Taiping to pursue their higher education. One will be going to Sydney while the other, Nicole, would be going to IMU in Bukit Jalil for her medicine course. Although I don't know her that well, I must say she's a really sensible gal and a good example to others after seeing her leading worship at the meeting a few times. So, she gave her parting speech today and I concur with everything that she says regarding about friends and peer pressure. She truly has a sound grounding in her values. And she's pretty bold too to attempt to apply to NUS medicine faculty. It ain't gonna be easy to enter using Malaysian result slips into an elite course that is dominated by the top junior colleges but still, all the best to her for her application. So, I guess every year, the Taiping FGA church loses its youth of 20-30 years old that are going out of town for higher pursuits. Many of them would eventually also settle in the larger urbanised cities like KL and Penang. No wonder every visiting pastor to the church on Sunday always need to give words of encouragement to the congregration..lol.

Anyways, as I was saying before, I would be going away to learn driving. My aunt's place has internet connection but it's dial-up. I'm not sure if it is fast enough to enable me to update my blog and so, it's possible tha this place will fall silent for the next one week. Nevertheless, I'll still give it a try with my laptop there :)

No comments: