Wednesday 5 December 2007

NYJC Prom Night 2007

Well, yesterday's the dinner event I have been preparing for the whole night long. This is probably the last NYJC event I will ever attend. I met up with Tai Guan first at AMK Mrt and I kept having the notion that it would be held at the Fullerton. So, we reached there about 6.20 pm and not alot of people were there yet. TG phoned Joanne and she said she's still on the way in a taxi. We waited for quite some time when I realised that something is quite amiss that we still don't see any NYJC students around. I phoned Joanne again and was told that the event was at Mariott, which was at Orchard. Paiseh!!! I dunnoe why I keep thinking it's Fullerton..lol..maybe it's last year's event.

We quickly chiong to the MRT and thankfully we reached the venue in time. Actually, we had a bloody hard time finding Mariott in the first place when it was just located right beside tangs..lol. Anyways, we are not the slowest lar. When we came out of the train, we saw Fred lingering around the station plus many of them were busy snapping photos at the lobby. But then my brother took the camera for his "yearly trips" to Japan and so, I'm only left with my handphone camera at best or I have to depend on others for photos. I was surprised to see Johny there as the candidate to replace Matilda. Mat should have given the place to Sandeep cos Johny as usual looks very out of place. There was no attempt at dressing up and Johny don't give a damn whether its prom night or pasar malam night since he dozes off at almost every opportunity.

The dinner itself started quite late, at about 8 pm. Btw, I dun see any pre-dinner activities around..haha. The MC himself is super corny, some of the lamest jokes came from him but he's entertaining. The food is pretty alright, I found myself gobbling down some snails repeatedly. Initially I was not really sure what that black thing was but it tasted like some clams or seafood. I found out later that it was snails. Ok, if I had known it was snails earlier, I wouldn't have bite it. The duck and chicken that they serve was great but I think the soup was too watery.

Here's the fun part, I'm gonna comment on the dressings of the people that I come across..lol. It seems that Admin will forever dun change. For the whole two years, he dun wear formal black shoes to school. Now at the official function, the slacker does the same. Well, obviously many girls dress up very beautifully. Haha, seriously, many of them looked so differently in prom dress as compared when they are in school. Some were quite revealing but they were elegantly dressed. Being surrounded by so many, it was quite a eye candy feast for me :) .

No comments: