Sunday 2 December 2007

Hitman Movie

After church, I went with Shi Xian to catch the Hitman movie. It's great to watch the movie with a fellow Hitman game player. Afterall, it was Shi Xian who introduced me to play Hitman in Sec 1 and yea, I was very mesmerized by Jesper Kyd's composition in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. The orchestra music composed by Jesper Kyd really struck the ideal chord, with the mafia theme in Sicily being one of the outstanding ones. Well, like all the video games that are being made into movies, the Hitman movie unfortunately falls into the same trap as the others.

The concept of the movie was great, as in how Agent 47 carries out his assassination and his killing methods. Nice to see Diana and the Agency appearing..lol. However, the storyline is just terribly weak and confusing. The plot is rather haphazard and there ain't much to say about its link with the game itself. The villains ain't that interesting as those in the game plus Agent 47 is sometimes portrayed as some Rambo fella. Of course, if Hitman is to be played in the game as like in the movie, you can forget about getting the Silent Assassin rating..haha. In my opinion, I think they should just take one of the plots in the game, like the meat king level in Hitman: Contracts. That level, is really one of the creepiest, sick and most violent thematics I have ever encountered in video games. The highlight in that level is the room with the upside-down hanged corpse, cult-like altar and some disturbing oldie love music. And the concept in that level is what makes the Hitman franchise stands out. So, maybe the fans should wait for Hitman movie 2 and hopefully they put one of the game plots together? Haha, anyways, I'll stick with the Agent 47 in the game and I'll be eager to get my hands on Blood Money once I manage to get my new laptop =p

No comments: