Monday 25 April 2011

Good Friday and Easter

It's the first Holy week that I'm experiencing abroad and it was quite an interesting experience. On Friday morning, I had already planned to go to St. George's for the Good Friday service. I was rushing up on my dissertation as usual when I received a call from Vincent asking me whether I want to play drums tonight for combined cell at the Chinese Church. I answered yes right away as it's been a long time since I've been at the forefront with the worship team. Anways, I went for service on time and it's the traditional Anglican service with hymns. It's quite an interesting experience although it was solemn. Right afterthat I went back to rest before heading out again this time to Montague Burton to meet up a couple of the people there for a laksa/hokkien mee party.

It's the second time I'm having a makan gathering with Ling Wei and Qing Wei's gang and I've enjoyed myself during the two gatherings knowing more friends in the process. Best of all this time, I get to taste laksa too after more than 6 months. I had to cut the party short because I had to go for worship practice before the Friday combined cell session. Ahhh, this is something I miss doing back in Malaysia - going for worship practice..haha. The church doesn't have an acoustic kit and it's an electric drum which was gathering dust for months since the last drummer left England last year. I was the first drummer to touch it since then..lol. Of course an electric is no substitute for the real thing but when you're deprived of whacking drums for months, anything would just be fine. We had a sharing by one of the Malaysian missionaries in Thailand whom the Chinese church is supporting. Her sharing kinda brings back memories of the mission trip I had in Chiang Mai back in 2003.

Easter Sunday morning was spent at the Chinese Church and they had a baptism service for two members. Lol, somehow today's after service food is more bountiful than usual. At night, it was the St. George's Easter Service which was more contemporary. I guess the traditional one had already happened earlier in the morning. Overall, it's quite a reflective Easter and it's always a good time to remember the ultimate gift that Jesus has given to mankind. As of now, I really needed to rush to complete my dissertation as much as possible before I go to London tomorrow to fly off to Paris.

No comments: