Monday 18 April 2011

First Birthday experience in Britain

Birthday card by my CG mates

My 22nd birthday this year happens to fall on a Palm Sunday and it'll probably be the first and the last time I'll celebrate in Europe. The day started off with going to the Chinese Church as usual in the morning but I'm told in advanced a couple of weeks ago that there's gonna be a BBQ after church at Springfield. Well, I think it was meant to be a surprise kind of thing but I kinda figured out that it's gotta do with my special day..lol. What I was more nervous of was preparing myself to run away from any potential pranks that my occur on my arrival. Anyways, I'm blessed to have a wonderful weather given by God. It's sunny and the sky's bright.

The BBQ is an interesting one because the place doesn't have a proper BBQ pit. Instead, we used makeshift pits which consist of metal trays, wire sheets and some charcoals. The end result was a few black square marks at the front lawn but aye, I reckon that the grass will grow back. There loads of meat, pork and chicken mainly marinated in different types of sauce. Even with the big amount of people that we have, we somehow had trouble finishing the food..lol. I had a double birthday celebration with Minna, a Finnish girl who's studying Chinese at Leeds and her birthday is 2 days after mine. We grilled until it's close to 6 and then they brought out the cakes for us. I'm very honoured indeed to have my Chinese CG to bake my birthday cake and it's an oreo cheesecake!


It was then I realised that the person who's asking me questions on Springform recently is actually Janice my CG leader..lol. I got a question concerning cakes and present in Springform but I can't gather who it was. Ahhhh, the mystery is now revealed!..haha! Mhmmm..after all the photo-taking and the cake-eating, we cleared up and it was just in time for church service. Yesterday was the biggest group to visit St. George's because some of the Chinese Church pple who came over for the BBQ decided to go for service too since it's so near. Then after service we had another round of dinner at Tong Palace.

Overall, it's a very memorable Birthday. Firstly, I wanna say a big thank you to all my lovely CG mates (Janice, Yee Kuan, Wen, Su Wei, Hannah, Ivan)for all the planning for the BBQ, the beautifully designed card, and the deliciously home-baked cake! I think I gotta thank Janice especially because she really prepared for it very early. I had a fantastic day, enjoyed myself and truly appreciated all of them for the fellowship and massive effort! Thank you to all who attended the BBQ plus those who had contributed for my birthday gift. It was the latest Passion Album CD for this year and I super like it! Feels blessed to know all of you! =D Thanks to those who had sent me SMSes and Birthday FB messages from all over the world.


At 22 year of age, I'm starting to feel old already. What's in store for me for the next coming year?

No comments: