Thursday 3 March 2011

A miraculous return

Some of you may recall the loss of my beloved 7 year old pencil case 5 weeks ago. I've been looking at the same spot every week in a row. This same spot is the dark lost and found storeroom which stores all the things that cleaners found lying around in the conference auditorium. Every week without fail before EU lecture on Wednesday, I would pop in to rummage through the things but nothing came up so far. I did that for 3 weeks continuously but nothing was found. So I gave up on the 4th and 5th week. But yesterday was apparently the last week of EU lectures (actually it was not in the end because the lecturer couldn't finish in time and had to drag on next week too). So, in any case, I thought that yesterday would be the last time I would be at conference auditorium, so might as well try for one last time. So I opened the storeroom door as usual, with little hope placed with the same routine and bent down to start feeling some of the pencil cases on the floor. Suddenly, I felt something familiar which I recognise for years. Could it be.....

I pulled the item out and straight away I had a huge exclamation of joy. It IS my pencil case! Wooottss! Thank you Lord! Fortunately I did not fish out some Queen's pounds to buy a new pencil case yet. I did an equipment check and everything looks to be in order with no items stolen. The pencil case was once lost but now it's found. I'll definitely be more careful in the future :)

2 comments:

Charlotte.jialerd said...

isn't it the greyish greenish dirty looking one?
which looks sloppy, flappy and wacky?
xD
(sorry, trying to make it rhymes but have limited vocabulary)
lol! congrats on your rediscovery of your old friend.
i definitely know what to get if i were to give you present next time.

Stan said...

Hahahaha! Hamster, I can't believe you still remember how my good old pencil case looks like! xDDDD