Sunday 6 March 2011

CG Bonding and Guitar Debut

I've been spending some quality time with my Chinese CG for the past two days. We had a dinner at outing at Tong Palace after our Friday seassion and I can't believe we just chatted away the night till 1.3oam! We were clearly the loudest table in the restaurant especially we started discussing what medical students do during placements in hospitals. On the next day on Saturday, we gathered at Springfield for an advanced pancake day gathering and bookmark making session. The girls tried two types of pancakes, the thicker American type (which you can find in McD) and the thin British type (which is known as crepe). At the end of it, we were just bloated from the pancakes..lol. These may just be very simple gathering of dinner or making pancake but it's good fellowship time. This is perhaps something which the Brits will take some time to comprehend, which is the importance of meeting up and doing little things together outside the official allocated time.

Mhmmm..this is an overdue update and it was supposed to be included in the previous entry but somehow I forgot to. But since I'm on the subject of Chinese CG, I might as well include in here. Last Friday, I played the guitar for an entire worship session for CG! I know only the G chord family, so I made sure that I transpose all the songs to G. I gotta thank Janice for giving me the opportunity to play because I wasn't sure about it at first but nevertheless went ahead with it. I have to say the experience was great in the end and I've discovered a few new things in the process. First was that I could play C, E Minor and D in an easy way without shifting my hand position too much. Secondly was playing with the use of the Capo. And lastly was that being a drummer help alot in the rhythm strumming as I had no problems in keeping up with timing. So, the only thing I gotta work on is pressing right keys at the fret board. At the end of the session, my left wrist was literally strained from the bent position that was adopted and even prolonged hours of drumming has never strained my wrist like that! lol. Hmmm..looks like God is putting me in a new secondary musical role to play guitar given the absence of drums. I'll certainly be looking for more opportunities to serve in the guitar region if given the chance!

No comments: