Monday 21 March 2011

Draft Gaffe

Ughhh! I wanna shoot myself for wasting my final dissertation meeting with my supervisor. Thanks to some miscalculations and bad planning, I ended submitting my draft later than expected. Somehow I couldn't formulate the words that I wanted to put inside and this caused me to take a longer time to organise my thoughts. The time slot that I picked to meet my supervisor was wedged in between my jurisprudence class and the final year students photo taking session. I had to rush to the law school building after lunch. When I met my supervisor, she said she hadn't had the time to look at it and also because it was the weekend. So she had to read on the spot instead of properly perusing over it. I gathered that she managed to read through my first draft in the previous meeting because the previous meeting fell on a Tuesday instead of Monday.

I was constantly looking at the clock, having the dilemma of whether to stay longer to grab as much guidance as possible or to end it and rush to the library before the photo-taking session is over. In any case, there was only a limited amount which my supervisor could analyse on the spot and I was already smacking myself because if she had the proper time to look through it, more could be discussed. We ended on the dot like a few minutes before the meeting time for the photoshoot and I had to make another mad dash down to the library steps. Thankfully, the photoshoot was still on because the photographer was still busy arranging people..lol. After the photoshoot, there's supposed to be Evidence lecture but the evidence lecturer apparently ended his session with just 15 minutes! Ahhhhh! If I had known better that he'll do that, I would have scheduled my dissertation meeting during that slot. Or any other time for that matter so that my supervisor could have gotten a good read of what I have written! And then I thought that I should have suggested another day to meet her once I have gotten to know she had not read it yet. Argghhhhh..Too slow and too late for such an idea! Why didn't I thought of it earlier?!..I've just wasted the last opportunity for free tips and hints. I could still e-mail my supervisor, but only questions on technicality can be asked and not about the content. Oh wellll, looks like Stan gotta continue the rest of his dissertation in the dark with his eyes blindfolded :(

1 comment:

Maddie said...

awwwwwww. poor birdie. not to worry. sometimes, in the dark, we overdo things, which is much better than short-changing our own efforts, no? (JPA student principle.XD)