Friday 31 December 2010

Adieu 2010!

I wrote last year that I wanted 2010 to be a fruitful year and indeed it has been. I'll spend some time recollecting some memorable times throughout the months starting from January:

January - It's the start of the final semester at INTI. The beginning of the end. My trusty old BenQ lappie broke down at the worst possible moment when I'm rushing to complete my thesis and settling committee stuff. In any case, I'm happy to get my new lappie by the end of the month

February - Chinese New Year with Reuben in JB with Kylie. And then on the way back, we had five in the car stopping by at Kluang and making fun of Kluang Mall at the same time, thanks to the RM1 ticket tagline - shop like a city..lol

March - ICF Rally, the ultimate objective of Lerdie's committee has been fulfilled. My law magazine is finally published, after a year's worth of agonising work. I had a China guy colliding into my car and had him pay compensation. At the end of the month, it signified the end of my secretary term in ICF

April - Final exams for second year looms and I had a surprise 21st birthday celebration in Seremban coupled with an Easter drama show at Lynne's church. It was time to say goodbye to INTI for good.

May - It was the beginning of a 5 month vacation. CF camp at the start of the month, followed by Camp Cameron for 3 weeks.

June - Had my first trip of exploring Ipoh for the Psalmist Generation conference. This is followed by a crazy month of football craziness with the World Cup tournament.

July - A week of hanging out at INTI with the JPAs who are back for their briefing. Singapore and KL roadtrip with Eden, Karen and Charmaine.

August - Visa application as preparations are made for the coming crossover in Europe. Had one last outing and gathering with Maddie, Lerdie and Emily before they fly off one by one to Amerika.

September - The hour of reckoning is here. I crossed the gateway to Europe and Brittania for the 1st time in my life. Started uni at the end of the month

October - Exploring Leeds and the university inch by inch. Had my first experience at the Uni rugby game. Slowly adapting to the English life

November - The most eventful month during my stay in the UK. Attended the CU Weekend away at Shropshire and also the Encounter weekend with the Chinese Church. 3 Rock concerts (Linkin Park, Anberlin and Paramore). Malaysian Nottingham games

December - Winter break! My first experience of Old Trafford. Exploration of York and Manchester with various people. And of course, the most recent one - Christmas with the Tuckers.

Well, it has been an eventful year and I'm quite happy at how it has turn out although the latter part of the year is filled with farewells and realisation that I had to restart yet again my networking circle. As always, there are things to thank God for how the year has been. Firstly, on the good closure of my time at INTI and getting through 2nd year of law safely despite some last minute studying. And then also the visa application, friends' company and moments to serve in the worship ministry in many ways. Finally, in the UK where I had to opportunity to catch United in action and also some of favourite rock bands live in action. Here's a toast for a good 2010 and for new things to come in 2011!

No comments: