Friday 20 August 2010

Farewell Friends

One by one they flew to the States. I'm indeed fortunate to have an outing with 3 of them (Lerdie, Maddie and Emily) before their voyage abroad. Emily came down on the 10th of August and were joined by me and Maddie who was already in Kepong with her mother's family. The iBan apparently wanted to do something from Lowyat so we went to the Bukit Bintang area for dinner and then also to walk around while waiting for Lerdie to be back home since Emily will be staying at her house. On the next day, we met up at Bangsar and I arrived kinda early with Maddie since I had to move my car early from my parking spot to avoid kena saman. The other two ladies in the house were still in dreamland, so we proceeded in having McD breakfast first and as usual, Maddie spammed herself on some hashbrowns with the same iBan unshamefulness..lol. We had a light lunch at Delicious in Bangsar Village and we later proceeded to Mid-Valley where we hang around until it's time for Maddie to leave since she needed to take the KTM to Nilai.

The remaining 3 of us then proceeded to Sunway Pyramid for Emily to meet her hometown friend before he flies to the US. Dinner was at Sushi King and by the time we left Sunway, it was late at night but it ain't over yet. There's still mamak supper time with Charmaine and we got her from her place. By the time we finished chatting and stuff, it was almost 3am when Lerdie returned back to her house, a record breaking time even for me to send someone home. The last day was Emily's last and we rounded it up with a lunch/karaoke session at Red Box. Anyways, her train was delayed for a good 2 hrs before it arrived and had we known, we wouldn't have left our sing K session that early..haha.

On Friday, I went to collect my Visa which was successfully approved (yay!) and met up with the iBan at KLCC. She also created a record of 2.5 hrs late from the meeting time of 3pm where she's punished with paying for the parking fees after 3pm. We went to 1 Utama afterthat to waste some time until her aunty returns home. I bet she can't believe that her last night in Malaysia was wtinessed by me..haha. Oh well, she wanted taxi anyways.

On the next day was the first of the flights to American land. Lerdie had a preliminary look on the order of things to come when we send off Maddie on Saturday. Since Maddie's parents were already in America, we were a little surprise to see her standing alone when we arrived because the the rest of the Inti gang had not arrived. Later at night was Charmaine's turn to fly and I spend the weekend at Nilai since it's quite costly to go back and forth plus there's church on Sunday. Monday was Lerdie's day and it was time to bid the hamster adieu on her journey to Texas. Maybe she'll meet Sandy the squirrel over there..lol. The latest person whom I've made just in the nick of a time to send off was Emily last Wednesday. Next monday will be Karyn and Karen and on the first week of September is Eden. The thing about these folks leaving is that they are going to be abroad for a good 3 years. This is unlike me who will only be abroad for 1 year and at most 2 years if I ever decide to complete my BAR exams in the UK. So, even after I return back to Malaysia, these gals will still be studying in America. The next time that we meet, we may not even recognise each other because of the changes and each of us would have been shaped by the places that we are at. Currently, it feels a little weird not having them around since they will usually be joining for makan gatherings and movie outings. Watching them settling down in the US made me anticipate even more excitingly for my coming flight to Europe.

In any case, I've appreciated the friendships that were forged during the two years we have at Nilai. I shall miss all the great laughters, late nights, funny conversations and crazy stuffs that we do during outings. Farewell, my friends in America. We shall meet again 3 years later to catch up on lost times :)

2 comments:

Maddie said...

MWAHAHAHA. IM GONNA POST UR CARD ONLINE. >=D

oh, and u forgot abt how u forgot the parking, TWICE. that shud be a memorable thing to note. XD

Stan said...

HEY! NO POSTING OF PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL MESSAGES THAT ARE MEANT FOR YOUR EYES ONLY! >_<

lol..iBan, u need to learn some client confidentiality from the lawyer seriously xD