Friday 19 February 2010

Footie Jerseys

It hasn't rain on the southern island for about a week already. Pretty strange I would say, because apart from a few drops of drizzles, the weather remains rainless despite the grey clouds gathering. I met up with TG yesterday for lunch and we went to this restaurant at Cathay Mall called Aston and they sell good Western food at a rather good price. According to him, people queue up to get inside because of the good pricing. A sirloin steak there is abt S$11.90 and it comes with 2 side dishes which fills up the stomach well. Top it up with a drink at S$1.50, it's a good western meal at just S$13.80 counting service charge. Well, that's one place I would consider coming again..haha.

It was also just in time for me to go hunt for football jerseys following my newly acquired loot from my ang paos. The jerseys in Malaysia are costly, they are selling at Rm229 or so for it. Of all places, it is strange that the southern island has places that sell jersey at a cheaper price even after the hefty conversion rate. My usual hunting place is Weston at Queensway but apparently they do have a branch at Peninsula Plaza, so i guess I need not go so far. I have 2 jerseys in mind to get, 1 being the current United jersey and the other being the World Cup 2010 German jersey. Haha..u usually choose to buy United jerseys at the second half of the season since they are usually sold at a cheaper rate at that time. It was advertised as S$89 on the Weston website but I got a pleasant surprise when I was told by the shopkeeper that it is going at S$80. This is also the same for the German jersey. Woahhh, that would translate to about Rm184 per shirt, a far cry from the Rm229 that is sold at al-Ikhsan or the official Malaysian Adidas/Nike stall. TG got a better deal I think, he bought his Liverpool jersey for S$60..lol.

The next thing to do was to check out on the number printing. This time round I decided to get a Rooney printing. Weston's website listed it as S$48, but I found out from the forums that La Vanita in Peninsula Plaza may do it at a cheaper rate. I inquired at the shop an indeed, it is cheaper but still costly at S$40. The sleeve badges printing remain the same at S$20 per pair. Since I didn't want to blow too much at a go, I decided to do my sleeve badges first. Perhaps when I head over to the UK later this year, I may get it a cheaper price in British pounds, right at the doorstep of Old Trafford..lol. I wanna get a Podolski printing for the German jersey and found out that it's the same at S$40 at both shops. Hmmmm..I did not go for it too because I need to be doubly sure that he's ain't going to be injured, gonna be selected for the final squad and that he will wear that same no. 10 as advertised. To be safe, I'll get it done perhaps at around May or so. Hmmm..the hols are ending soon. I gotta speed up on my productivity to get my things completed and done.

No comments: