Thursday 17 December 2009

Passport Woes

Long story and if I had the chance, I would turn the clock back to save myself from the misery. After a week having fun at Penang, I drove back to KL since I needed to drop my grandmother off at my aunt's place at Klang and my mama needed to go back down South to settle her students' exam stuff. On the way back, I made a detour to Taiping to grab the remainder of my stuff from the now derelict and defunct optical shop. Got a couple of important stuff that I needed to take like my Cold War book, Chronicles of Malaysia book, some clothes and my Premier League soccer ball. All those stuff have been lying dormant there for about a month already and I need to rescue them before they got overrun by rats.

There were a couple of vital stuff that needs to be completed like changing I/C, passport renewals and car road tax renewal once I got to KL. Since my car registration certificate was left at my hostel room, the sensible route would be to go to renew my passport and change I/C first since if my passport duration is less than 6 months, I can't travel to Singapore. I went to Damansara main town to do the passport and found out that the queue numbers were all gone. I was going to go out dejected when I discovered by chance that renewing passports in Malaysia is a breeze with the use of the kiPPas machine. As I was coming out of my car previously, I also found out that my passport back cover was actually split open for some strange reason, revealing the chip inside. But I placed it into the machine to renew anyways thinking that they would issue me a new ones anyway. Lo and behold, in the 2hrs I was waiting, I got call on my handphone telling me that my application was rejected and I would need to come back on the 23rd for an interview on why my passport was spoilt. UGGGHHH!! Why won't they just interview me on the spot or on an earlier date???!! I should have just used some glue to paste the back cover back together if I had known earlier. My passport was taken away by the immigration department and now I can't get out of the country. So much for being efficient huh.

This is extremely horrible, because it happened at the worst possible time. I desperately hope that they can renew it on the spot after the interview. What I'm worried of is the extra red tape and admin delay that involves higher authorities at Putrajaya. A myriad of annoying difficulties can arise if they dun renew on that very 23rd Dec itself, which is already very late for me. I have heard rumours that it may take 3 to 4 months and I can't find any postings in the internet on damaged passport renewal problems. Firstly, I would not be able to celebrate Christmas with my bro and my mama. The bigger problem is with the uni application and UK Visa Application. How am I gonna apply with no passport for 3 months? Dear Lord! Please let it go through well!

1 comment:

Jonathan low said...

haha
Aru: good luck to you!!!