Monday 7 December 2009

Digital Weekend

Pikom PC Fair was held over the weekend at KLCC and the bunch of us (Me, Kevin, Jonazan and Gerald) headed there by LRT after worship practice on Saturday. Lol, indeed I would say the LRT is a much more admirable carriage cousin than the KTM and it's frequency of arrivals can be compared to the Singapore MRT. The LRT goes through all the major townships in KL and yea, for a prolonged shopping or sightseeing trip, I won't mind parking at KJ station and then navigate through the various parts of hotspots in KL using LRT where I won't get stuck in a jam..lol.

KLCC was obviously flooded with human beings, since the whole of the tech-savvy Klang Valley population is taking note of the PC Fair. We had to squeezed through the crowd when we reached the convention center and it gets irritating when we had to go though one of those "compulsory stops" where we were forced to navigate through heaps and mountain of spams of broadband advertisement. When finally arrived at Hall 4 where the intention was to find external hard disk, we had to continue pushing against a torrential wave of shoppers. For me, I'm a personal mission to get a 500GB external hard disk since my 240 GB hard disk is near exhaustion already. I wanna get a good price for it, preferably under RM300. After browsing around, I manage to get a WD Elements 500 GB for RM 279 which I think it's quite a good deal. The best thing I discovered afterthat is that it occupies only 1 USB port, unlike my current 240 GB where two USB ports are taken up. Wheeee..now with an extension of 500GB, it's time to get those blue-ray and HD videos from Reuben! =p

The fair also had an exhibition booth for Alienware and I tell you, those machines there are just out of this world - the simple reason why they are called "Alien" in the first place. They are both aesthetically nice to look at and the laptops are so uber 1337 with the new line of Nvidia Geforce and processors. But so are the prices which starts at least at RM5000-RM6000. Imba stuff..haha.

Oh yea, the World Cup stage groups are all drawn out and at the same time, Adidas took the opportunity to launch the new match ball and the new line of jerseys for the national teams that they sponsor. I like the artistic and colourful touches that they put in the adverts and it certainly gives a sense of grandeur about the various teams. I saw in the Adidas shop some kind of collectors edition package for the jerseys. The shirt is placed in a nicely decorated box and they even provide a captain's armband with it! Hmmmm..I'm still considering which World Cup jersey to get and am waiting to see how the Nike sponsored line would look like. Lol, in any case, I still like my German World Cup 2006 no.7 Schweinsteiger jersey very much. xD

4 comments:

Greynovember said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greynovember said...

would like to defend ktm. for a company that is broke (bankrupt), they are fine.

they served me well during my years in ukm.

and ppl still fair to compare and apple with an apple. lrt is used to cover a short distance, while ktm is long hauled.

dc said...

DUDE! your hard disk bargain was good!!! I couldnt find one for below 300!!! I thought it was impossible to find... but now ill prepare to get one =) Thanks for the info!

Stan said...

Haha yea..you may be able to find one or two good deals at low yat too