Thursday 29 October 2009

Exam blues and rants

I've been keeping awake and limiting myself to just 2 to 3 hrs of sleep for the past 2 days. It's that time of the year, the dreaded exams. It's like keeping watch at the watchtower. The desperation in trying to complete all the revisions. This mid-sessionals had to start with the killer subject known as "land law". I felt myself being "gg-ed"..really "gg-ed" and pawned big time because I didn't really finish looking through the stuff completely. I think I spent a disproportionate amount of time trying to shore up my tort law revision with notes making. In the end, land law was not that screwed up as I thought. I was kinda worried that I didn't have enough to write but it turns out that I didn't have enough time to write all the materials..lol.

It turns out that tort law was the one that ends up screwing my brains up. There were just too many things (yet again) to write. Year 2 subjects are a killer. Woe to those who can't summarise what they study. It's not about what I know or don't know. It's about the power of summary. And among the 50 cases that I've memorised, I could only recalled about 20 or so only with some of the minor but important cases being jammed up somewhere in the mental block. It had to get stuck at that point of time. Argghh! Tort law was the one which I prepared the best and I still ended up pawned there. Nearly about 60% of my resources and time was poured in there and the result was that I was scrambling to finish the last 2 essays, with me writing only half a page of crap for section b) of the 3rd question. Goodbye 10 marks. And maybe another 10 more also. Arumugam is gonna skin me alive too for the amount of crappy nonsense that I write in there with no cases to support. The first two essays were done pretty alright but the last two were just..ughhhhhhh. This was the exact same feeling that I had when I did my criminal law paper last semester exactly at the same time during mid-sessionals. I hope the first two will get 20+/25 to make up for the near-failing deficit for the other 2 behind. I'll be really glad if I can even run off with at least 60 marks. (which I narrowly got at criminal too). Bye bye distinction, unless I can get some imba marks at the finals..haiz..

I'm fearing for my last paper on Monday. Public International Law is crammable at the last minute but I haven't even touch anything on Equity and Trusts for the past 1 month. GG. I smell another disaster coming soon. May the Lord have mercy on me! :(

P.S. JPA mode is still on and will be on until Monday 2nd November. Till then, no updates on this blog.

6 comments:

Behind the Closet said...

haha ok the JPA mode...
all the best... 2 days more!

Behind the Closet said...

oh ya oh ya forgot to mention... I'm free~~~ haha it's over !

Erwin said...

evilnya emily... u just couldn't resist could u =D BTW I'M FREE TOO! from exams at least >.< still got project to do

Behind the Closet said...

wei u r evil too... but I like to be evil... weee~ ^^ yeah I'm totally free from work! ouuuuu... projects.. so sad for engineering students haih...right? *evil grin*

Stan said...

Lol! Blogpost became mini forum..hehe..I'm free now too =p

Behind the Closet said...

*hi-5 to stan* at last we r all free... from exams... hehe work hard at the firm k.. n ur magazine ^^