Saturday 19 September 2009

Raya break

The long awaited 1 week break is here! Some may grumble on the existence of a holiday period when the semester had just started but for me it's an excellent time to regroup all my scattered tasks. Exhibition week and fellowship lunch were over and both events were taxing physically in terms of coordinating everyone and making sure everything runs smoothly. There wasn't much time to linger around after fellowship lunch since I'm hitching onto Reubs' ride back to Johor. With some double quick hands, I dumped everything into my back and hop onto the vehicle. The whole ride was pretty smooth coz I fell asleep for the whole journey after feeling rather fatigue from the day's events. On the invitation of Reubs and his father's friend, I stayed around Johor for a little while longer go attend his church's function. There was a choir coming over from Singapore to perform at his church.

Before going for the event, Reuben stopped at his house to meet up with his dad first and put his things. We rest up and then his dad fetch him, his bro and me to makan before getting his mother and sis to come along after that. The choir concert was interesting because they had a combination of nationals from different countries. It does remind me of the old days when they use to sing with just their voices. I find that kinda enlightening and refreshing. After the concert, there was makan time and someone in the church sponsored a couple kgs of Tiger Prawns. They are being drowned and boiled in delicious white wine herbal soup. I bet it's more than 20 kg because even with a crowd of 100 plus people, there was still plenty to go around. I would have stayed to finish all of that up but I needed to leave early before 11.30pm so as to ensure that I don't get to stuck at the checkpoint with no bus going across the causeway.

I was prepared to take a taxi already once I reached the checkpoint at the island because it was close to 12am and I knew that the last train usually operate at around 11.30pm. But I gave it a shot nevertheless to take a bus to the MRT to see if there are still any more trains and yup, I was fortunate to have at least two more left with their last stop at AMK. Mhmm..this few days of hols will have to be filled up with productive activities of secretary work and another round of magazine editing.

No comments: