Saturday 20 June 2009

Shopping Galore

It's a ripe season for shopping as we do our part for the Malaysian economy..HAHA. This morning, me, Sophia, Lerd and Maddie went to crash Bukit Bintang for a shopping trip. I needed to get my black blazer (the borrowing has to stop..lol) while the girls wanna shop for their clothes and accessories. I'm indeed thankful to be able to use an automobile instead of a KTM because I can't imagine my blazer being squished by the crowd plus dragging all the items back manually.

It's quite an experience to have a shopping trip with the girls. Guys, if you ever wanna have extensive exercise or workout, an all-girls shopping outing is a sure way to burn all those extra calories off or build some leg muscles..lol. The moment we hit Sungai Wang Plaza, Sophia and Maddie were already rushing off in double quick time towards Lot 10 for some free goodie bag giveaway of some Bazaar thing. It intrigues me that they do actually take note of such freebies! Unfortunately, when we reached there, the Bazaar was apparently cancelled. But we did start off by visiting a grocery sale by Isetan at Lot 10. A couple of interesting prices there and the girls squirmed in excitement when they saw giant packets of Hello Panda biscuits at a buy 2 get 1 sale. As for me, I bought a packet of 10 Sunkist oranges for RM5.90 which I thought was a very good deal for that type of oranges. Regular price would be like RM10 plus. (Ok..I'm not trying to sound like an aunty but it's a good price for healthy food..haha)

Then we returned back to Sungai Wang for the dress/clothes hunting session for the girls. Now this is where some tips and tactics will come in handy for a guy. Things to consider are like the strategic standing spot (so that you don't block the legion of shoppers rampaging through the shops), know where and when to take a seat, the appropriate timing to take a break and drink, observing whether there are things around that interest guys while the gals do their shop-to-shop browsing and things that can be done while waiting. Do that well, and 10 hours will fly by in a breeze. =p

I managed to get my black pants at Metrojaya to replace the one which I lost mysteriously. It's another good deal as I got it for less than RM50..haha. Although all blazers look the same, it's not a simple decision to make since buying one could mean blowing RM300 to RM500 at one time. So many things like quality of material, fitting and small minor design details need to be taken care of. The ones at Metrojaya cost at minimum RM465 and it can go up all the way to RM1300 per suit! After going around and looking at other sections, I've finally decided on getting one from a tailor's shop at RM380 and I think that price is rather reasonable for the fine finishing. Anyways, special thanks to Sophia for helping me to keep a lookout on the places that sell the black blazers! xD

We had dinner at Kim Gary and all of us were fully bloated with food when we load onto the car. There was a slight jam at the mouth of the car park as we tried to get to the main road. Anyways, we managed to reach back at campus around 9pm. Well, it's been a fun day out and I believe all of us were pretty pleased with our purchases :)

4 comments:

Maddie said...

lol. after this, i think nobody wants to go shopping with us anymore... but eric and kelvin had a taste... LOL.

Elle T. said...

Lol. I think Eric won't mind going again with you all.. he actually likes shopping O.o

As for not calling me to shop. hrmph! Nvm. I'm happy from shopping today~ ahaha! XD

Stan said...

Haha..you gals are actually nice to shop with lar! Had an entertaining time walking around with you all. Hmmmm...Kelvin would probably want to try everything, including the red and lime green boxers xD

soo jin said...

haha ! is good to train you Mr. Stan ! who knows your future gf will be a shopaholic ? hoho !