Saturday 14 February 2009

Valentines

V day is..........a normal friendship day for me until the right one comes along..haha. Some singles cynically label it as Single Awareness Day..lol. I believe in patiently waiting for the right one that God has planned for me. Anyways, for those of us still do not have our significant half, V day would also be a good opportunity to reaffirm friendships with the people that we know.

I went to fix the car horn today to avoid having a situation where I need to blow a whistle in an emergency..haha. It seems that not far away from Al-Salam, there's an auto shop which does repairs and sells accessories. Ahhh, that's great coz I won't need to travel all the way to the KTM Nilai area if I want to get any repairs done..lol.

Nilai Methodist Church had a special youth service in the evening and since I didn't have any plans, I went there for a visit. The service was in Mandarin, and even though I understood only about maybe 60% of what was said, I must say the speaker is a really good one in that he engages his listeners. Well, with a different language and different style of church service, it's a rather new experience for me. I'm of the opinion that vernacular churches play a very important role in the body of Christ because they enable more people to know about Christ. Afterall, Christ is for everyone and He's not restricted to just the Westerners or English-speaking people. Christianity is a universal concept and anyone can give praise to God with his/her own native language.

I'll end off this post with a wonderful verse which is appropriate for the day..haha..

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 - Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails..

No comments: