Monday 16 February 2009

Live Love

Since we're only a day past the 14th, the love mood is still around. Today's sermon was given by Pastor Lopez from the Philippines, who touch on various aspects of love from relationships, parenthood and marriage. Tze was awesome and superb with his electric guitar and solo rendition of Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours". He reminds me of the wedding singer..haha. We also had a renewal of vows for the married couples and they're truly a shining inspiration with some of them being married for over 20 years. Behind every successful man is a woman who supports him. Contrary to all the cynicism about marriage, I think it's probably one of the best things that God has placed in human life. The key to it is having realistic expectations in a relationship and acceptance plus understanding of each other's strengths and weaknesses. For me, I'll definitely look forward in spending time with my lifelong companion that God has planned for me in the future...haha.

Aye, this is utmost embarrassing to mention but I'll put it here for memory's sake..haha. We went to McDonald's after church today and Banting Macs is notorious for its slope at the entrance. The first time I went there with Li Lian and Alvin, my engine went dead there. But that was alright coz I managed to return back up with just another try. Ok, so at this time, I was crossing my fingers that it won't happen again when the gals behind me said that they wanna go Banting Macs. But gosh, it did happen again!! I was already going to go over nicely when the engine suddenly stalled and went dead. Alright, then I tried again and again and again but the funny thing was that the engine always goes dead after 3/4 of the car goes over the slope. That resulted in the car sinking back to the original position again. I didn't wanna press the accelerator too hard coz it would sound super annoying at full blast..haha. Anyways, after thinking back, I found out that my problem was that I released the grip of the accelerator after the car start moving. To avoid wasting more time and with some peeps at Macs staring at me, Ben took over to help me to go over that irritating slope. Argghhh...malu-nya..but I guess that's how people who just start driving always end up in some weird situation. From now on, I think I'll just press the accelerator max..don't care if it's noisy liao. All the confessions of a dude who just got his licence two months ago..haha..and please pass me an Auto car seriously! (where there's no such thing as mati engine there). Lol, like I've mentioned at a few posts ago, I've perfected almost EVERYTHING in the manual car except the slope! Standard Parking ok, changing gears ok, dodging traffic ok, cutting cars ok...but no ok for moving a car on the uphill slope. Oh well, I'm sure God will help me to overcome this weakness of mine. :)

2 comments:

soo jin said...

hey stan I'm driving manual car now too ! And it is really superb annoying when the engine just went off at the WRONG time such as traffic light and slope ! I got what you meant wei ! But seriously you need to master it before you can love driving it..=p

Stan said...

Hehehe..yea..the irritating clutch =p