Monday 23 February 2009

Of Faith and Anticipation

Had to wake up early yesterday to fetch people the Inti people serving in church. Haha..last week was at a later time since no Inti students were serving, so this week is back to the time I'm used to. Anyways, I was reflecting on one of the verses that was brought up in the sermon. It was Hebrews 11:1 where Paul speaks about faith : "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see". He went on in giving a whole list of major events in the Old Testament where people like Abraham and Moses placed their trust in God for future events even though they don't quite see the possibility of things happening based on physical logic and reasoning. In Hebrews 11:6, Paul further points out ,"And without faith, it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him". Ahhh..that'll provide some answers to those that are curious on how does one believe in something that they do not see :) I was just thinking on some matters and was wondering how I should proceed on with it. Honestly, I was thinking what if I anticipate or predict wrongly again? What if that particular thing was not God's prompting but my own thinking? Part of me just didn't want it to fail from happening. I really want it to happen. And I forsee it being a wonderful and solid path ahead if it turns out to be my destiny. The stakes are high and the consequences are kinda disastrous on the other hand if I predict incorrectly. For some reason or so, Pastor Vic touched on that topic and he gave some conditions to know whether it is God's prompting. There were some hints and signs (I think) pointing to that direction but those could have just been some misintepretation, misdirection or wishful thinking on my part. Although the verse was comforting to me, I think I just need more signs before I'm convinced to really push for it..haha.

Btw, congrats to Pastor Vic too for his newborn baby girl! Papa Gonzalez must be feeling great to be a father! Haha..after church, some of us went to visit his house to have a first look at her. Aye, and this driver is feeling pweettyy pleased yesterday again when he saw all his passengers falling asleep in slumberland while he was on the road..hahahaha.

For today, I went out of my room at about 11am to help out to hang the giant banners. I have to commend the guys who painted and drew on Saturday coz the banners were beautifully done! Fantastic designing and colouring there..hehe. It's great and encouraging to see the preparations for Christian Awareness Week coming into place. I made some slight progress in mooting and that is producing the lead skeletal argument document..haha. After searching endlessly on Lexis Nexis, I could only find one case for my ground of appeal and I'm the leading counsel. Ironically, the junior counsel's ground of appeal had more stuff to talk about actually. The problem is that there is no case law that touches on my ground of appeal. I either have to grab some US or Commonwealth cases, or obiter statements to back up my argument. That's going to take some time and the bundle submission due date is 4th March. Argghhh..hopefully, at least 2 more will do, no matter how obscure it is or whether the source came from the Fiji Islands!..lol

No comments: