Saturday 7 February 2009

Long weekend

I started off the day by fetching the worship team to Banting. I thought that I could have some time to do my mooting preparation but I've just been turned from driver to drummer because Chandran couldn't make it for today's practice. Wahhh..I didn't have any opportunity to listen to any of the songs before so, I just went by faith to play the best I could since some of them I played before. Anyways, for the first time, the worship songs posed a problem to me because I think both "Beautiful Saviour" and "I Need You" by Planetshakers do not conform to the typical 4/4 beat. As usual, I need to skew my brain to adapt to a new beat but getting the rolls will need a bit more work. So, when it comes to the instrumentals of the two songs, I can't freely smash as I like to but to keep timing. Hmmm..hopefully tomolo's session will turn out good..

I think today's driving experience was great. There were lots of cars in Banting town itself but I managed to navigate through safely and my timing in changing gears were nicely done. The fact that both Ben and Jia Lerd could sleep soundly while I was driving is a testament that I've improved lots since I start driving full time in December..hahahaha. Just don't make me start a car from a uphill slope will do..lol. =p

Ahhh..I just realised about the amount of work that is piled onto me since last week. There's lots of stuff to be done for Christian Awareness Week where there are proposals to be filled up, approvals to be stamped and making records of meeting minutes. Finding committee members for the law magazine is seems to be harder than it looks, but I hope I can get a team ready soon to get things rolling. For both projects, I have to write sponsorship letters too! Hmmm..the editor/secretary's job is now also being a part-time professional beggar..hehe. And since I had secured a "contract" to teach drums an Impac, I'll also need time to draft out a syllabus and teaching methodology. Calvin provided me some tips of it and he's also a very good drummer too. I've finally learned the elusive technique of double hitting with one stroke of the stick after getting some input from Calvin..haha. Now that'll help me to rattle some of those rolls that are found in Paramore songs! Lots of stuff to handle and thankfully, this weekend is a long one with Monday being a public holiday :D

No comments: