Friday 30 January 2009

Warranties

Warranties has got to be the one of the best things that come along with the products that you buy..haha. On Wednesday, I went to the Nikon headquarters at Fuji Towers to hand over my camera for servicing and repairing the damaged sensor motion. It was kinda efficient in the admin and stuff but it could only be ready 1 week later. So, Mama would have to collect it from me and I would have to figure out another day to get it from her. And the repair cost comes to zero dollars because of the warranty!

And then yesterday, I made a long walking trip deep into the warehouse areas of Yio Chu Kang to find the giant Apple retail center so as to get a replacement for my conked out earphones. It was quite impressive really the whole ambiance of the place. I was directed into the service center and I told the person there about the problems with my earphones. Hmmm..they didn't even bother checking whether what I said was really true. They had just replaced it with another set of earphones without plugging in and testing my spoilt ones. I'm sure those bunch of earphones are retailed at S$55 at the Apple shop..haha..and I got free replacements for them. I think I'm pretty darn right when I said that each earphone cost peanuts for the big corporation and just imagine the profit margin they make with each fella that "innocently" buys it from the shop. Anyways, I'm keeping those Apple earphones as spare ones as those white bunch of stuff can't stand prolonged blasting and usage. I would be relying on more on a new pair of Sennheisers which I bought today. I tested it for a while and it sounds really superb and way much better than the Apple ones. The old Sennheisers that I have were still working very fine but because of constant usage, a section of the rubber wiring had gone off and exposed the naked wire in the process. I was using it as backup until I bought a new pair today with my spare funds..haha. Anyways kids, remember to keep your warranty cards well and renew your warranties because you'll never know when your stuff is gonna get screwed up..lol. It seems as though companies nowadays don't really bother relying on exclusion clauses when it comes to warranties although they could do so considering that some of the damages brought to them by the customers were actually due to consumer negligence rather than poor workmanship.

Btw, I had a chuckle as I passed by a driving school while walking to the Apple retail center. Apparently, they use modern Honda cars as testing cars (Civic if I'm not wrong) and their internal training circuits in the driving school are all equipped with traffic lights. Ahhh..I guess that's where all the S$2000 of driving lessons fees goes to..haha. I just had the itchy urge to flash my P licence in front of the young folks handling the car. *grins* Another strange pattern that I see is that all those driving instructors wear black speckys as if to send the signal to the nervous drivers sitting beside them that they mean business..haha

Mhmm..I'm going back to Inti tomorrow and I'm pretty pleased to have completed a couple of stuff that I had set out to do.

No comments: