Tuesday 27 January 2009

Hibernated CNY

While everyone was already gone by Saturday morning, one figure was sneaking out of Inti in the wee hours of 9 pm to catch a bus to the Seremban terminal. Thankfully, I managed to hitch a ride to Penang at 11 pm on Saturday..haha. Since it reached Butterworth at about 5 am in the morning, I went there to one of the mamak's stall (more like gerai than shop) to enjoy roti telur since the bus to my aunt's house is only operable at 7am. This year's Chinese New Year reunion dinner was held at my aunt's house where all my mother's sisters gather together with the rest of my cousins and my grandmother. It's unfortunate that my uncle couldn't join because he had to work on that day. I wish I could have stayed longer with my cousins but I've got broken stuff that needs to be dealt with and repaired using my warranty cards in the country down south. So, I've followed my Mama and brother down south where they're miserly with the CNY holidays even though the Chinese were the majority there. Or perhaps Malaysia was being too slack..haha.

For some strange reason or so, I had this compulsion to sleep during this festive period. On Saturday itself, I took a good 4hrs nap. Then, at the bus, i slept from 11 pm to 5 am. When I reached my aunt's place I slept from morning all the way till 2 pm in the afternoon. And at night, I turned in early at 10.30 pm and woke up only at 10 am. Gosh, those hours of sleeping are crazy and it's as if I'm some animal in hibernation..haha. I think it has something to do with all those deprivation of sleep as a result of the irritating thesis papers. Sleeping early is one of the crimes in Stan's dictionary. Mhmmm..I'm thinking of some late night activities since I'm all refreshed after paying off all the sleeping debts. And no CNY is complete without munching on those makan and drinking goodies. =p

No comments: