Saturday 10 January 2009

Goodness gracious me!

I got my contract law marks and I'm very surprised once again but couldn't hide my glee when I found out that I scored a staggering 80/100 (82 initially, moderated to 80) for that paper. Considering that I didn't write much for some of the questions, I gather that it's part of those Stan's precision engineering at work. It's a classic tactic brought from the old days of English Literature where I can still get 15/25 for a slacko 1.5 page length of work..lol. Less words to beat around the bush, aim directly at the point like the sniper :)

Anyways, it was a quick and efficient trip down south. Since my Friday class ends early at 11am, I could pack up quickly and head off to Seremban to take an afternoon bus so that I won't reach my destination too late at night. The bus ride was comfortable, and the Plusliner bus has an interesting outline where the last half of the bus was divided into single individual seats. So, when I reached back in the house, I started to search for my camera at the usual spots that I put but it was nowhere to be found! I strained my memory very hard because I was pretty darn sure that I didn't bring it back with me to the Taiping funeral and there was no where else I would put in the house except for the computer desk or the outside coffee table. The other possibility that I thought off was that my brother could have borrowed it from me and I had forgotten to ask him to return it back to me. I didn't think that was a high possibility either but I should give it a try nevertheless.

I got the horror of horrors revelation when my brother came home and I asked him about the camera. Apparently, that pesky fella actually gave away my camera to one of his friends, thinking that it belonged to one of them, without checking the contents of the camera! Oh gosh..he gave it away just like that and the camera stayed in his friends house for a week without even his friend realising it. He didn't know about it, I didn't know about it and fortunately, his friend realised the mistake later and returned it back to him. It so happened that I was back today. I was going like *TOOOOT!* Just imagine if his friend wasn't that honest coupled with my klutz brother still in daydream world and I had no idea on his apparent "generosity". I would have spent an eternity searching aimlessly for something that was given away by my brother in the most klutz fashion. Sigh..It's not that good news even when I got it back because the camera sensors appeared to be damaged and I'm receiving screwed up pixels in shooting mode.

After an exhausting day of travelling, I had no mode to do any typing on my thesis paper and I just dozed off until 7.30 am this morning. Anyways, I didn't wanna leave too late to go back to Nilai, so I left the house at the late morning so that I could catch an early afternoon bus in Larkin. It's cheaper to take from Larkin compared from the island itself. It was so fortunate when I reached there, I was just in time for the 1.30 pm bus. Hmmm..I would have stayed longer with Mama but I plan to go back today because I wanna go GFS for church tomorrow..haha. Overall, this "inconvenient trip" turns up quite useful since I realised that I left quite a few of important small bits of stuff at the house like my guitar tuner and old handphone charger. Uhhh..5 more days to dateline and I'm still less than halfway in my thesis...

No comments: