Thursday 6 November 2008

Recap back

Haha..right now I'm at the usual boring boring Singapore to visit mama. BUT it's not as boring this time round because I'm reunited with my beloved drums again and there's loads of activities to do..haha. Lol, I have not been able to blog about what happened since my last life transmission because I'm occupied with cleaning my room. So, during that time, I put up more general issues like footie and elections instead =p. As I have all the time now, let's recap back on the dreaded mid-sessionals.

It was a horrendous period as everyday I managed to get only 3 hrs of sleep. The constitutional law paper was pretty alright in that I could do the questions. However, I think I overshot on the separation of powers question in writing it for 1 hr. So, obviously the rest had less attention time. It is not that I have nothing to write, I have TOO much too write with information overload. There are so many stuff to be included that I remember but in the end I had to discard a lot of them away. For English Legal System, I managed to organise my thoughts and preparation well and I guess that could be my best paper out of the whole exams. Criminal Law was a nightmare though. It seems that I had underestimated its potency. On the night before, I broke out in panicky cold sweat (same good old feeling from Economics) glancing through the stuff I need to revise and gosh, the amount of cases I need to refer and remember is tremendous. And these cases' complications are compounded since many of them have the element of appeals, direction to jury and all the various "tests" for liability. Obviously, I could not finish studying and applying them into memory. Part of me of course wished that I had started earlier..haha. The thing I'm worried about the most is that I don't even have enough material to write 1 and a half page. The worst is if the lecturer were to set more than 1 essay question. And it did happen as 2 essay questions came out instead and it was most fortunate that I focused reading on voluntary manslaughter before coming to the exam hall (even though my studied contents for involuntary is more). Ugggghhh..I have a bad feeling that I may fail that paper. It was a breather for a moment after contract law since we had a Sunday break before the last paper on Monday.

However, after the Criminal Law paper on Saturday, I had a few hours of rest only before proceeding straight for worship practice at GFS. As there's gonna be a Tamil Service on that day, we only get to practice till about 6.15 pm or so. Whew! Thank God that the songs on that day were not too complicated, so, there's no need too much of concentration or experimentation. So, after makaning dinner with Johnny (thanks for the treat, dude!), Tze and Jialerd, we went back and I spent about 2 hrs studying or so before coming out again. Lol, I can't believe I still got the mood to watch Man Utd's match against Hull City! Haha..come rain or shine, footie is not to be missed. =p After the match, I didn't sleep for the whole night and marathon until the next morning when exam starts. Afterall, it's the last paper and all the sleep deficits can be handled later..haha.

Contract law was not as horrible as criminal law but there were still many loopholes in that I didn't write as much as I should be writing. Gosh, I hope I pass this paper too coz it didn't look very pretty. The main reason why Consti and ELS wasn't such a problem for me was that the writing style for them is very similar to my A' Levels Arts. However for contract and criminal, they are more case-based subjects which require lots of case analysis rather than theoretical writing. That's why it's almost impossible to smoke through contract and criminal if one doesn't have any idea about the cases.

After the contract law exam, there was a sense of relief in that the days of 3hrs sleep and case-cramming sensation are over. At the same time though, there's a dreaded feeling that the consequences coming along the way at next year would be terrible. Oh well, while there's a time to enjoy, let's not think about next year..wahahaha.

Then on Wednesday, we had a farewell lunch gathering for Merilyn. We had some wacky cam-whoring sessions with the mirror taken from Eric's room after that at block E. Not only that, we ended up invading the girls' toilet =p. Since me and Eric were free, we went to help out Jialerd and Madonna to carry some of theirs+blockmates stuff from the rooms to the storage room. Lol, this is one of the rare times that guys can enter girls' block but even if we did enter, we have to go in with the reasons of being a labourer..haha. Gosh, those stuff are not small or moderate boxes. They are monstrous! As Eric termed it, it's literally a "back breaking" job.

Hmm..actually I did not really sleep that much since I spent a good deal of time clearing my stuff and thankfully, it was done in time. In the wee hours of morning, I went to have the last meal of mamak while watching the Man Utd Champions League match against Celtic. I closed my eyes at about 5 am today but got awaken at about 5.50 with the message that the kind uncle (Eric's friend's father) that was giving us a lift is coming soon at around 6.45. Anyways, he only managed to reach Inti at about 7.45 because of directional problems and we set off nicely at about 8am. Lol, I didn't expect it to be so early but the good thing is that I get to reach my destination in the afternoon. So, he dropped me off at Bukit Batok MRT and then as usual, took the train to balik.

Lol, for the moment, it was nice to sleep back at my own bed. The hostel bed is just evil with springs poking my spine..haha.

No comments: