Friday 21 November 2008

Hunting for commies in a box

I went to Funan IT mall today to check out some of the new PC game releases. My main aim to go there was to get the Red Alert 3 Premium Edition, standalone without all those pesky goodies that inflate the price to a whopping S$219. I just want the game, not the goodies..haha. Btw, I still have the original Red Alert 2 box+disc stored at the back of my cupboard k...haha. As always, I start my hunt first at the shop nearest to the window elevators. No sign of any of them, so off I go to bug main base at the Challenger store. Plenty of regular RA3 lying around and there's the premium edition but it seems that they are selling it together with the pesky goodies without the standalone. I gather that the Challenger store wasn't a good place to get it as I figure out that the smaller stores are more willing to sell it in standalone. Anyways, as I was searching around the Challenger store, I noticed that they've finally started to sell Guild Wars and it's sequel GW: Factions. Well, it's long overdue..I remember at a time when I had to go to Comics Connection or order online to find them..lol

As I recalled visiting some blogs, I went to visit this specific small shop since someone actually claimed to have bought the standalone from there. However, apparently I was too late and there was no more available. From then on, I just randomly visited different small shops and all gave the same reply of "No". I was going to give up liao when I recall that I always go to this particular shop whenever I can't get any of the products. It's like a last resort place that I would go. It's quite a good shop actually but I just don't know why I always go there only as a last option..haha.

I wasn't feeling particularly optimistic but then I saw the gold box of the premium edition on display at S$79. Wow, I managed to find one and a standalone some more! I double confirmed with the shop owner that it was a standalone and he was preparing to get a new one for me from the stocks. Ohh, and interestingly (and it was nice of him), he gave me a S$3 discount. The economy must be real bad hmmm..After searching, they apparently don't have any new ones (oh no, not again) and the shop owner asked me if I mind taking the display set, which was the last one they have. I said it was ok and I'm actually glad that he still wanna sell it coz I doubt anywhere else in Sg would have it as standalone. Even if they have, it would be long gone because those peeps in the southern island were quick to snap it up at the launch date which was like a month ago. Hmmm..it seems that only 8000 premium editions are being shipped to this part of the world. On the other hand, the shop owner was quite worried that I might get critical about the display set and spent time explaining to me about why they removed the CDs from the box for security reasons. Lol, I'm not a fussy buyer and I'm fine with it as long as the CDs and stuff in the box are in mint condition. Accckkk, I also had the cheek to ask the shop owner whether he got any free RA3 poster and I managed to get another last of the item from him for free =p. Lol, I have to say the service is good there.

After getting my purchase, I went to makan at Pastamania again since I didn't manage to get a decent plate of good creamy pasta when I returned back to Malaysia. Obviously KL and Subang Jaya sells good ones in the shopping centers but I don't have the automobile resources to go there. Lol, maybe if I managed to finish up my driving test this December than next semester I can use mama's car. Then I won't be stuck in one place. And I will be everyone's best friend..lol! Oh yea, I managed to get started on my criminal law thesis paper reading materials after slacking my brains senseless for the past 2 weeks. Everyday sleep in the wee morning hours and bangun during afternoon lar. Time to whack this lazy ass up...

No comments: