Tuesday 18 November 2008

Handphone Malfunction

Uhhhhh...for some unknown reason or so, my Nokia 6288 lower keypad stopped responding. Only the top part of the slide works. I went to the Nokia Care Center at Woodlands to get it repair but apparently, I can't get the repairs for free because my warranty card has already exceeded 1 year. According to them, if I wanna send it for servicing, I needed to spend a whopping S$80-150. Wahhhh..they should've put it at 2 years! Gosh, that's daylight robbery and I might as well use that money to get a new phone!

So, after makan-ing my dinner, I went back to Ang Mo Kio and look instead at one of those street vendors selling and repairing phones. The first one I came across quoted a price of S$65 for the repair. Woah, that's cheaper than the center but it's still alot of money. I decline the offer and went to a second vendor. The fella at the second vendor said that he would take a look at the phone first to determine the damage on the keypad. Afterthat, he would tell me the price of the repair. Of course, that required me to put the phone in his hands for a few days. All these vendors looked shady but well, I still gotta give it a try. No point keeping the phone when it's not functioning. If they run away with my phone, I'll just walk over at AMK police post..HAHA. Anyways, I doubt anyone wants to run away with my phone. It's not exactly one of those monster N series..lol. Meanwhile, I'll have to make do with my old handphone which makes me feel fortunate to have a backup. At this modern age, no handphone = cut off from civilization...haha =p

No comments: