Wednesday 17 September 2008

Bad Day Photocopying

It was nice of Pastor Vic to drop by yesterday to have fellowship dinner with the Inti students attending GFS church. Actually, I was having the Impac gathering night from 6pm first. But some pretty bad registration delays pushed the start of the event to about 6.30 pm. When I received the sms from Eric that we might be going out of Nilai to makan, I quickly excused myself and sped off to meet the group. But in the end, the group was too big to be fetched outside, so we still ended up eating in Nilai..haha.

Ahhh..it was a bad day at the photocopy shop today. I think they're smoking weed in the morning or something to the extent that they became dazed and mabuk. I went to collect the notes from the law office to print and I thought that the photocopying folks would have the wisdom that the page behind is recycled stuff, so only the front page should be printed. It so happened that my lecturer didn't cross that out but it was obvious that the back pages were upside down from the notes. Last semester, they usually don't print behind unless stated. So, I had a horrifying look on my face when they handed me the notes with the recycled material printed behind also!..haha. The price was a whopping RM 33.60. To make matters worst, one newbie Semester 1 student came down and told me that the lecturer ask me to hand over all the notes over to her. I was like "huh?!" and she gave me the impression that my Semester 2 classmates don't need the notes. And so I passed her the notes and wondering at the same time what my lecturer was up to.

Back in class, it finally dawned upon her that she got the wrong message. What the lecturer meant was to take the original copy from me and print it for her own classmates. Darn! I was right all along! Those notes were meant for my classmates! So, I needed to run back down to print another bunch for my class...zzzzzzzz. And the photocopying folks still didn't snap out of their morning drunkeness! After printing out the new set, the price that they ask me to pay was RM 38. I was like "Are you sure?? Because I printed out more papers before that and it was only RM 33.60. And this time I tell you specifically not to print the back pages". They clarified it and what a big difference to the price I had to pay afterthat. It was half of it. Bleahz..all those printing drain all the money from my wallet that I had to immediately ask for a refund from the class or otherwise I won't have lunch to eat..haha.

Anyways, the Semester 1 treasurer was like so fierce in demanding for the receipt. Well, for the past semester in photostating stuff, they don't give receipts while the rest of my classmates also dun show receipts while printing notes. And I've never encountered any problems in that. So, in a way I was feeling kinda a little annoyed. Quite hard to pinpoint who should be blamed for the mess because it's so chaotic today and the system has always being running well with my classmates for the past semester. I voluntered to bear the cost of the mistake of the photostating folks but the Semester 1 students were nice to waiver it away. Ugghh..next time have to take precaution and remember to tell those mabuk photostating folks SPECIFICALLY not to print the recycled back page.

No comments: