Wednesday 6 August 2008

Short Break Coming

This week is the last week for Semester 1. My classmates and I are a fortunate bunch since we don't have exams this semester. So, instead of having 2 weeks of holidays, we have 3 weeks. Wait till Semester 2 comes, I'm sure all of us will get "retribution" for being slack this semester..haha. There are still stuff to be concluded for Semester 1 though, like on Friday, there's gonna be an open book test on offer and acceptance for contract law and on Saturday, it's the Malaysian studies exam.

Hmm..for the semester break, I'll spend a few days in Singapore to visit mama while the majority of the time I'll be at Taiping. That's cos I'll be bored to death in Singapore since most of my friends are in the army anyways. The only thing in Singapore that keeps me entertained is the super speed Internet and my drums. Mama and my bro would be busy with the normal schooldays. The Internet may not be so fast in Taiping, but at least I have Astro to watch history documentaries or get my dose of football action..haha. Not only that, if it's possible, I see whether I got enough time to proceed with my driving course. I think I'll most probably be heading to Singapore with Eric only on next Wednesday since I wanna spend some time clearing my hostel room and do some planning.

Btw, I added a games profiling application in Facebook and I realised that I spend more time watching TV, playing PC games, reading entertainment/football magazines and surfing the Internet compared to reading books or novels in my teenage years. People think that a lot of the knowledge and language skills I have come from books but that's so not true all the time. It's more like I "skim" through books rather than read them. Gosh, I had like 53 PC+Xbox games played (that's not even all) vs. 13 novels that I completed reading (which I can recall). Very often, I read books because I needed to research or study but other than that, I won't even read books for fun. Actually, I prefer books that are historical with lots of photographs and I read them more than typical novels. For me to sit down and read a book with loads of words and no illustration, I kinda need some inspiration (like some interesting philosophical concepts). And I take very long to finish one (so no Harry Potter please). But I thank God in giving me a gift in that when I read a book, those information that I gather don't really vanish but are retained in my memory for very long time..haha. I sometimes do wonder how come I'm so informed and knowledgeable about so many things eventhough I don't read much books. =p

1 comment:

soo jin said...

" I sometimes do wonder how come I'm so informed and knowledgeable about so many things eventhough I don't read much books"..

Haha *hidung tinggi*....