Monday 4 August 2008

Passion World Tour Kuala Lumpur


I was out the whole day yesterday, a blessed day I would say..haha. I went to church in the morning first and then when I reached back to Inti, I rested in my room for around 30 minutes before heading to the bus-stop to take the bus for the event in the evening : Passion World Tour - Kuala Lumpur. Inti Christian Fellowship booked one entire bus and had it fully filled for the event! (thanks to Eric..lol) Passion is originally a Christian conference/rock music event in the US for university students headed by Louie Giglio . In 2008, they are currently having a world tour of 17 cities in 6 continents. Several Christian rock band groups like Chris Tomlin and Charlie Hall are touring together around the world with Louie. You can check out their website at www.268generation.com. The verse theme of Passion is taken from Isaiah 26:8, hence 268.

Anyways, Passion KL is held in Sunway Convention Centre and we had to start moving from Nilai at 2.15 pm for a 6pm event cos of the distance and we also need to be early to queue up. At first I thought it was too early but woah, the place was fully packed already at the entrance. All 6000 tickets for the events were fully snapped up. And imagined almost 6000 of them are crammed outside at the door waiting for it to open. Quite stuffy at the front of the row of the waiting line but it was worth it in the end when I managed to get a seat in the center first front rows. I had a nice clear view of the musicians!

It was truly an awesome night with all the young people jumping, dancing and praising God. Chris Tomlin is a rocker for Christ! Everyone in the hall were feeling really high..haha. Charlie Hall has a great voice too and his janggut (beard) is most peculiar..lol. His band had lots of older fellas in them. I'm really inspired by the message given by Louie. He's really someone who can connect to young people..haha. Hopefully Passion would inspire Malaysian youths to rise up and do great things for God.

Ohh..and I'm glad that I had a digital camera which was capable to record a few snippets minute moments of the concert and loads of nice pictures of the musicians up close. Haha, now I going gaga over Chris Tomlin's "Sing, sing, sing". In any case, thank you Lord for bringing the Passion band to KL as one of their destinations. And God bless them for Passion Jakarta which is happening on 5th August tommorow :)

No comments: