Sunday 20 July 2008

Serving through music

Haha..Pastor Chris was literally doing rap during praise and worship! Today's service was really good and everyone was just flowing with the spirit. After service, we had a short worship team workshop which explains about the fundamentals of working in a worship team. Well, for the technicalities of playing in the band, I more or less had an idea bout it since I worked with one during my SJI school days. This include stuff like dynamics and showmanship. However, I learned something new after listening to Justin (he's a pro musician) speak and I think that's really true. There's a difference between an ordinary band and a worship team. Ordinary band play for themselves but a worship team gives glory to God. The thing is that the person may be technically not so good but if he plays with the right heart, it will be amazing to see how God moves and improves him in all aspects of his life, including his music skill.

Anyways, they wanted to do a demonstration but the drummer of the day had went back already. So, everyone immediately looked to me to provide as a backup and fortunately I brought my sticks along :). Hmm..I feel that I would learn lots of stuff and grow spiritually from the GFS worship team. God gave me the talent to play drums and yea, I would go in faith to serve Him :)

No comments: