Tuesday 24 June 2008

I want my guitar!

It's another few days of break from footie coverage since the semi finals is only coming on Thursday morning. Euro 2008 is ending soon with only 3 more matches in the tournament for me to cover..haha.

Anyways, just came back from guitar class. Yay! More improvements as now I can incorporate A minor into my chord strumming! :) So, now i can basically play the first part of Robbie Williams' Better Man. That's a welcoming change instead of me everytime strumming the song I know so far: Six Pence None the Richer's Kiss Me (it's a beautiful song btw). Not only that, I can remember how to play B and F chord too. Playing guitar requires lots of finger bending flexiblity. The bar chords remain a challenge to me coz I can't use my thumbs like the usual chords to support the rest of my fingers. Ugghh..I really really wanna go back to Taiping to grab my guitar to Inti but the weekends are just filled with lots of stuff that needs to be completed by the end of this month (not that Stan gets much things done during weekends anyway..haha). Sometimes I'm just dying to practice the guitar coz I don't wanna forget what I learn. Somehow, I get this "shiok" sensation whenever I managed to get a familiar tune right on the guitar. It's the same on the piano too. It's different from the "shiok" sensation that I get when I practice my core speciality which is my drums...haha.

Oh man, it's gonna be 4hrs of Criminal Law lessons tomorrow since my dear lecturer missed one session last week due to some "misadventure" with his car. Of all my lectures, criminal is the most serious and stifling (speaking of the court sessions and police enforcement..lol). The class is literally fixated on listening and writing plus cannot chat or do nonsensical stuff to relax yourself. 2hrs is bad and tiring enough and to have 4hrs is just *toot*. And Wednesday being the only day where class starts at 12pm is being robbed as the first class is scheduled at 8am. Nothing wrong with 4 hrs lessons as long as I don't get locked down with boring regulations. In fact, I would be glad to sit in for 4hrs of my good old English Literature classes where we get to learn and slack at the same time..haha. One good thing is that my criminal lecturer doesn't really pay attention to the back, so I can get away with some light air drumming or doodling on the paper =p.

3 comments:

soo jin said...

hey the beat that George ask us to go back practice as usual i MIXED UP again..duh...I'm freaking busy this week with 2 tests+assignments+ replacements...?*sigh*

Stan said...

don't worry too much bout the beats. do the important stuff first coz it's coming close to the part of the semester where everyone gets choke..when you're free liao, maybe you can book the music room and i can help you there in addition of the Thursday night classes :P

soo jin said...

Hey it was really very nice of you offering to guide me...anyway I'm still thinking whether I'm going for drum class tomorrow because I got a marketing test on fri which got freaking much stuff to study...*sob*