Sunday 4 May 2008

One win to go

Double blitz from Ronnie to bring his league tally to 30

It was fortunate that the kick off time for the Man Utd match was at 8 pm this time. So, the hostel dining hall or outside shops broadcast the live match and I could pick any place I wan to watch. Even before I manage to settle myself down, Man Utd were already 3-0 up with the latest goal from Tevez at the 26th minute. I watched the replay and gosh, that was a brilliant thunderbolt from Carlos! United had earlier led by 2 goals with a quick 3rd minute goal by Ronaldo and then in the 24th minute, he cheekily used his thighs to guide the ball into the net. Well, this adds on the long list of reasons to justify him as the PFA player of the year for the second time in a row. Now, Ronnie is just 1 goal away from equaling Shearer's record in the Premier League.

When I get my butt warmed up with a drink on the table, Dean Ashton made it 3-1. These sudden roll of events was compounded bizarrely with Nani rolling down on the field and clutching his face. Well, lousy attempt by number 17 because it was clear to everyone in the stadium including himself that he was the guilty one. He felt pissed from Lucas Neill's taunting and decided that he should let Neill know that he means business with his headbutt. The referee also wants to mean business and promptly send him off to an early bath.

United were down one man but I was confident that they will pull through. Perhaps West Ham may pull another goal up but I doubt that they can even draw 3-3. The only thing is that Nani's team mates may feel irritated that they need to play extra hard for the one man deficit which was the result of his stupidity. However, the extra numbers for West Ham don't really matter since they still screw up with such an advantage as seen from their history with Chelsea. I was right but I certainly didn't see United scoring another to make it 4-1. I thought that they would just park bus and let the 45 minutes pass through. Game over for West Ham as Carrick slotted in from outside the penalty slot. Seriously, if a team concedes from Carrick's tame kitten shots, it's just not their day. I think Roma understands that from Carrick's brace last year..lol.

This is another massive result for Man Utd in retaining the title after the disappointment from last week's lost at the Bridge. Now, the ball is at Chelsea's court as they travel to St. James' Park. As I've mentioned before, this ain't gonna be easy for the Blues as Newcastle themselves are at a full swing momentum where they're getting the results. If the Blues fail to get any point there, it's as good as over for them.

No comments: