Monday 5 May 2008

First Day at University

I had to wake up earlier today at bout 8.45 am for my 10 am Malaysian Studies class. I thought that I would be alone in the class but to my surprise, Vincent was there and it seems that he's taking the law degree too! Gosh, I was with him on the same group for two orientation nights and I had no idea that he was my classmate until this morning. Well, I got to know about other classmates like Keith and a couple of others in the Malaysian Studies lecture. Looking at the content, its quite a lot of stuff to do with presentations, assignments and test all bundled up together for the final evaluation. Of course, the good thing is that it's not like the A or O levels where the final examination is the be it and be all. Nothing much happened in the class except some introduction and group forming. My group chose Abdul Razak's foreign policy since I studied it from my dear Southeast Asian history classes. So, my SEA textbook comes in handy afterall..lol.

The final tally that I found out about my law degree class is 11. There are 7 boys and 4 gals. Today's law subject is on legal skills, so the lecture is actually at the moot court itself! Again, not much lesson going on as there are more introduction instead. Hmmm..it seems that Mr. Harpajan (my law lecturer) is most familiar with my name..haha. Anyways, I think that there would be more entering the class since even on actual lesson day, many more are still enrolling in the hall. Arghh..tomorrow is the worst day of the week since class starts at 8 am in the morning for 2 hrs and then there's straight 4 hrs of lessons after 2 hrs of break. The good thing about my timetable is that all stuff ends at 4 pm in the afternoon and on friday, it ends at 12 pm. The bad thing is that there are numerous chunks of 4 hrs lessons. Lol, the jury is still considering whether Singapore education is more stressful or law education in Malaysia is. I guess not many Malaysian Chinese nowadays would consider doing Law since its easier to make the big bucks from the medicine line. As for me, I'm a student of arts, humanity and language...haha. I would fall asleep pondering scientific+mathematical calculations and terms but could stay awake with eager anticipation when reading a historical or literature text. Oh well, looks like I gotta turn in early tonight too so as not to be late tomorrow.

No comments: