Sunday 16 March 2008

Next stop : Inti International UC

Last Thursday, me and mama went down to KL for my university application. We took the morning bus (the double decker one) and reached at about afternoon. The trip wasn't too boring cos this double decker type of coach had built-in TVs that play movies. The list of movies were pretty up to date and very recent only, eg. Resident Evil Extinction, the Simpsons movie and Shrek 3. After making arrangements on the lodging, we went first to HELP-UC at Damansara Utama to inquire about the Law courses there. Thursday night dinner was at Petaling Street and I'm just surprised at how much it has changed since 8 years ago. That area has a surprisingly high amount of Caucasians gathering around the typical Chinese restaurants, of course, with free flow of beer. Well I thought those sights were commonly around in Penang but the amount of Caucasians strolling around Petaling Street were very noticeable. Not only that, I think many of the stalls are manned by lots of foreign workers from Bangladesh or Thailand.

The next day, we used the KL train system to go to Nilai, Seremban where Inti International University College is located. Technically, Inti-UC falls under the state of Negeri Sembilan but Nilai is a town that is situated very very close to KL, just touching the borders. So, after asking around and touring the campus, I made my decision.

Basically, my choice is between either HELP-UC or Inti-UC for the UK Transfer Law Degree. Taylor is close but they don't have hostel and their term only start in September and by then I would have rot terribly. And the rest of the UCs such as Sunway don't offer Law. I could have opted Bricksfield for Uni. of London External but I'm looking for campus life, not just study and sleep. So, it kinda boils down two choices and I picked Inti-UC in the end. Inti-UC scored over HELP-UC in nearly every aspect that I'm looking at eg. location, fees. Anyways, my A Level results were overachieving their minimum standards and I got the letter of acceptance on the same day. I'm pleased to get the merit scholarship too with my A' Level grades and this meant that I get to have 10% subsidy from my tuition fees. Of course, the clause that came along with it is that I have to score 65% above for the exams or else they tarik back the scholarship. Hostel business is also done and I managed to get a single room..yay! The new semester starts at 5th May but I had to enrol on 30th April for the orientation programme. Overall, I'm feeling really delighted in fully securing my next phase in life :)

We rushed back to Berjaya Times Square just in time to catch the 3.30 pm bus back to Singapore. Well, I think I'll be staying in Sg for a few more days before heading back to Taiping.

No comments: