Friday 15 February 2008

8th day

Yesterday night was particularly irritating. Some bloke assumed that nobody lives in the town area and thought that he can pop all those firecrackers like nobody's business. It's freaking noisy and even at 12.15 am, it was still popping. Those blokes made those firecrackers go off sporadically and so, it sounded like artillery fire. Somebody should just come and spank these fools that are noise polluting!

Apparently, today was declared the birthday of the Jade Emperor since its the 8th day of Chinese New Year. Okay, this is the first time that I heard bout it and I didn't know that Taiping people take it so seriously. Most of the Chinese shops in town were closed as if it was Chinese new year plus so many kopitiam stalls were taking the day off. Lol, I don't think many would take notice of the 8th day in Singapore. Even in my younger days at Subang Jaya, I don't recall such a grand scale of closure. I suppose those blokes popping the crackers yesterday are marking the occasion.

No comments: