Saturday 5 January 2008

Settled down

I reached Taiping this morning and the whole day has really been tiring for me. The load of stuff that I carry back is totally crazy! I carry until my hands go numb sia. Despite that, I still got a big bunch that is still left back at Sg. The bus trip was alright, the single seat was comfortable enough to sleep on and so I had no trouble dozing off unlike the other time when I can't lower down my seat.

For starters, one of the most pressing tasks to do was to clean and vacuum parts of my room since my grandparents seldom do cleaning because of their age. I gotta clear the dirt before the insects come biting my arse again. I also upgraded my lappie with a pair of speakers! It seems that doing that would make the laptop keyboard less hot and not burn my fingers while I go for long-hour gaming. Previously, I did a test by playing Guild Wars in December and found out that I had to tip-toe my fingers after 1 hr of playing the game. So, the external speakers would put less stress on the laptop. Not only that, one more lesson to be learnt was that the router should not be placed on the modem. Putting them together is like adding extra fuel to the heat that is generated. The interesting result was that my wireless connection ended screwed up and as a result, my WoW downloader is still patching the game as of now.

I check the TV for Astro and it worked! Lol..In addition to the package that I subscribe, I also got lots of free channels. For like about S$ 30 or RM59, I can have my daily dose of EPL football plus history channel and funny cartoons! I think that's more economical compared to the prices that is offered by Starhub Cable TV.

Oh well, looks like I've got a long road ahead of me with stuff like getting the proper utensils for cooking, more cleaning up to do and getting used to my grandparents' peculiar habits. Haha, at least I need not do any shitty studying at the moment and can daydream as much as I want...

No comments: