Monday 14 January 2008

New Church, new friends

I went to Taiping Full Gospel Assembly yesterday for church service. Taiping FGA was the church my mama use to attend when she was staying there. Mama told me to look up Pastor Bernard for an introduction but I also dunnoe hu he is in the hall. It was until I saw a man going around greeting good morning to everyone that I manage to talk to him. One thing I noticed when I was in Taiping FGA is that there are really all sorts of pple from all walks of life. Today's worship session was headed by a travelling band called Sands from Penang. This band is very unique since it is made up of people from different Christian denominations and they travel around Malaysia to play in churches. The founder of the group, sister Lucy heeded God's calling and went by faith to lead the group. So, I wasn't really able to see the Taiping FGA music team.

Pastor Bernard is really humorous in his sermon! It seems that Taiping FGA has several active ministries around Perak in terms of orphanages and homes. After the service, a few of the youths introduced themselves to me. I got to know three fellas, Jireh, Daniel and Kendrick. Jireh and Daniel are fellow slackers with me since they are waiting for their STPM results too. I would have gotten to know more of them but my grandfather was already there to hurry me since he wanted to go off to visit my aunt Siew. Ahh, I guess in future I won't be following him for his visiting trips. Anyways, I still got opportunity to know more of them this Saturday since they have youth meetings at 1.30 pm. It seems that they are preparing for a concert at the Town Hall in June and they are in need of guitarist. Oh well, I hope I would have the opportunity to use my drumming skills to serve the Lord and improve more in the process. But I don't really mind switching to learn electric guitars temporary instead if someone won't mind teaching me..lol.

No comments: