Saturday 21 May 2011

Heading towards disaster

Angry. Frustrated. Fling. Flang. Flung my last question in my EU Law exam. Didn't finish writing. Don't know what I'm writing. Gah. Could I have prevented it? Yes. Did I do anything about it. No. And I might just pay the consequence for that. I just do not know why I ended studying for an extra problem question which need not be used in the end. In short, my 6-8 hours invested in EU Competition Policy just went down the drain because I only need to rely on both Free movement of Goods and free movement of workers for the problem section. The other two essay section questions were on directives and human rights. Human rights I had skipped in mind but I could actually have done alot more to study for directives. The whole lecture room was warned before hand about directives and human rights coming out exclusively as an essay question but I have absolutely NO IDEA why I just ignored and bypassed it during revision period. WHY SO STUPID? ARGH! Directives could have been strengthened as a solid insurance..but instead I chose to put Competition Policy as the strong one instead and directives ended up as the weak one. And to think that I actually spent the extra hours grinding the morning before on Competition Policy when I should have devoted the time to directives. Too late. Fatal tactical error and a stupid one to make especially in an open-book exam. Everyone else probably knows about it except me. I hate it when there are some things that I could have prevented with ample time but I end up going to the wrong direction. What was I thinking?! The best that I could do to salvage the last question attempt was to copy out textbook explanations on the relevant portions. But even then, the essay demanded a long critique of 2 cases, I managed to pathetically finished one while the other is just a few sentence long. No conclusion.

For the first time of the year, I felt my 2.1 classification under severe threat. My jurisprudence paper on Wednesday wasn't the best of attempts too. The question on religion turns out to be easier than the one in fiction. I can only hope that she won't mark it too strict and it doesn't help that my coursework had just scrapped into 2.1 with just 2 points to spare. And now, EU is just a whole lot of mess with 100% counted not because I didn't study but because I made some wrong stupid tactical decisions. It's not looking optimistic with criminology and evidence left. I'll probably be able to squeeze thrugh for criminology but evidence by far is the most daunting task ahead. 2 down, 4 days left. 2 more to go. And it doesn't look good. I'm extremely demoralised and shattered after the EU Law paper but I recognise that I have to remain strong to at least redeem myself in the remaining two. 2.1 is still not out of reach yet but it's slowly slipping away if I screw up the next two. God give me strength!

No comments: