Monday 19 July 2010

A week of fellowship

Football season is over, so it's back to regular updates on Stan's regular life..haha. Well, the whole of last week has been particularly fun and fantastic. It was a period of reminiscing the fellowship time with the folks in Nilai. It started off with the World Cup final "party" in King and Reuben's apartment where a bunch of us gathered together to watch the biggest game on planet Earth in the wee hours of Monday morning. I paid Jonathan's CG a visit later in the evening. On Tuesday night, I had a movie outing with Reuben, King, Maddie and Lerdie in Putrajaya. After the movie, we went around parading in Burger King paper crowns. I guess we all want to do something crazy before Maddie goes back on Wednesday..ahaha.

On Wednesday morning, I woke up with a bad fever and diarrhea. By lunchtime, I was vomitting and had no appetite to eat anything. After popping in a few panadols, I went to CF meeting shivering and feeling exhausted from the toilet trips and cold. I figured out that the cockles that I ate in one of the foodstalls for lunch is probably not fresh and thus contributes to the sudden nuclear explosion in my stomach. Because of the fever, Wednesday felt as if it was passing really slowly but thank God towards the end of the night, I was feeling better already. Anyways, CF meeting was good and it was also timely because that was the time when Justin and Jan Vy had just finished their holidays and had returned back to Nilai. Thursday night was visiting Kylie's CG and Friday was dinner with Pastor Vic. I also took the opportunity to settle a few stuff throughout the week like getting my academic transcript and my haircut. By Friday, my stomach and fever problems were gone to my relief.

I fetched Lerdie back to her house after Friday dinner and Jonathan followed me to my staying place on that night too since he's following me and Lerdie to the FES 48th Annivessary Hi-Tea on Saturday. I was running quite late on Saturday because of lunch and some minor traffic jams along the way. That got hamster rattled up but we did reach the venue on time before the event started. I got to meet some of the Camp Cameron people and of course, the good old FES staff members. It was fantastic to see Chun Chung there and good news to hear that he's coming back to FES and returning to back to ICF as our advisor. The hi-tea is also another opportunity to pay tribute to Annette who will be leaving FES at the end of the year to go international. After the high-tea, Jon and I went to 1 Utama for dinner and watched Predators in the cinema at 10pm. It's quite an action-packed movie but alot of mysteries remained unsolved.

Yesterday morning was particularly funny and amusing. I told Lerdie that I'll be picking her up at 8.30am in the morning. And I did reach her house on time since I made sure I wake up early. The moment I saw that her front door was closed, I had a bad feeling. Jonathan gave her a call but the phone was switched off. Looks like she's soundly asleep. So, we got down and started spamming the door bell and no response! Uh-oh, this is definitely not good! Eventually we got tired of spamming and decided that we may have to sit out stranded at the gate until hamster decides to leave slumberlalaland and it could even be hours later. Two other scenarios which I thought could possibly happen were that hamster was in her godma's house and forgot to inform us and the other is that she misheard it to be 9.30am instead of 8.30am. Finally at 30 minutes later, my phone rang and it was a giggling voice at the other end requesting for another additional 15 minutes for preparation since she just woke up. While waiting outside the gates, Jon and I rained down destruction on two ant colonies who interestingly made their hive out of leaves. Anyways, I guess hamster figured out the irony of ironies especially since she posted on FB yesterday that I'm late..haha. To top it up, she forgot her house keys and after church, she had to camp in Grace's apartment for dinner before her parents came to fetch her. Well, that concludes the one week of super adventure and fellowship.

This coming week will be a resting week before the major roadtrip to Singapore next week! :)

3 comments:

Maddie said...

LOL.

you just had to post that bit, didn't you?? gosh. lol! this is more descriptive. hahahaa
giggling sheepish voice. XD

piggy said...

awww ure going to spore for a week? mum and i are going to miss u again!!

Stan said...

@Maddie - Yea, can't resist it! xD Especially a writer like me who'll observe the little bits in human behaviour and put it into words xD

@Grace - Haha, won't be for a week. Around 3 to 4 days and then will be back to KL :)