Monday 1 February 2010

Sunday Driver

Yesterday was one of those days where there is nonstop driving. As I was involved in the worship team, I gotta wake up win the wee hours in the morning to get to church early. We didn't get to practice much on Saturday since we don't have the electric guitarist. There was some electricity blackout issues early in the morning at church too and we only had 15 minutes to run through the songs. Thank God that everything went well because the whole worship team really knew our parts well eventhough we didn't practice that much..haha. It was also annointing Sunday and when the visiting pastor was praying for me, he said that he saw a vision of a camp with pegs entrenched inside the soil. The pegs represented the convictions that I have in my belief and he urged me to hold steadfast to my beliefs and never to compromise them for anything. Personally, I felt that the imagery of the camp is kinda significant in that it reminds me of the nomadic lifestyle that I'm leading - neither hear nor there with no permanent place to stay put. I truly long for the day when I can call a piece of a land my own, to be te king of a castle.

After church, I didn't have time to breath and had to head straight to the publisher in Seremban for the final amendment and printing confirmation. Then I rushed back to pick up a bunch of juniors for Mr. Aru's party in his house at Rantau. The road leading to his house is rather interesting because it's quite ulu. But in any case, I was looking forward to go to his house since it has been a tradition every year for his law students to visit his house for a makan gathering. No student can from the Inti school of law can graduate without knowing who K. Arumugam is..haha. His name resounds through both seniors and juniors like a thunderous wave. Seriously, your life as a law student won't be complete without him teaching you for at least one subject.

Mr. Aru's house is huge and he has his own orchard, carpark and a garden. We had BBQ and had a short tour around the house. He's quite musically inclined too with all the musical instruments in his house. Lol..I tried the drums while Patrick tried the guitar. We stayed until about 10.15pm and then we departed. Woah, his housing area is really pitch dark outside and yea, we had to navigate through carefully using the high lights to the main road. Hmm..I wanted to take the highway back to Nilai, thinking that it was faster. In the end, we ended up going through a huge jam but we managed to reach back in the time for the big match at the Emirates..haha.

No comments: