Saturday 21 November 2009

Birthday Bash for the Bear

It was an awesome start to the weekend..haha. Today was Uncle Bear Kevin's birthday and so yesterday, we had planned a series of surprises for him which started during DNA time. Grace tried the first surprise on monday and apparently it failed because Uncle Bear saw Tze's car..lol. So, yesterday's massive plan-up was to make up for the failed attempt..haha. Right after work on Friday, I headed straight to Bangsar from my workplace to pick up Sophia and Lerd from her house. I've never travelled to Bangsar from TTDI or Damansara before but I kinda got some clues from travelling to Jalan Duta the other day and then also from checking out google maps where the route is not really that complicated. Just go straight all the way and then make a few turnings towards the last part and according to google maps, it should take less than 15 minutes.

Hmmm..it took longer than expected coz of the massive jam at the turning to Jalan Maarof. And we departed from Bangsar later than expected coz Lerdie needed to pack her stuff. The journey back to Grace's house was not that jam and the rest were well waiting for us for the plan to start. Kevin obviously didn't know that Pastor Vic is not gonna show up for DNA..haha. So, we acted as if we are waiting for him and even started with the usual worship session. Kevin was also rather distracted from our operations because he has a SPM student to tutor..haha. So when he went back into the room to have a look at his student, Grace and her mom whipped out my bread and placed a candle on it and all of us started singing the birthday song. He came out of the room after hearing the birthday song and realised wad's going on...ahaha. Kevin went back in again and then the steamboat stuff were all taken to be placed on the table. When Kevin came out, he just stared at it with his eyes wide open wondering what happened to Pastor Vic..haha.

After steamboat, we played some games and then plan C for third surprise was executed with Charmaine pretending to merajuk and left the place in a hurry. So, one by one we also leave and giving Kevin the impression that DNA meeting is over. He also didn't know that Sophia and Lerdie are staying over, and so he thought I'm going to fetch them back. What we did was to disperse, and then one group went to grab the cake for the 3rd surprise while the others kept him occupied. It took us quite some time to find a good spot to light the candle and we waited in ambush behind some plants when he was walking back..lol. By that time, I think he felt as if the surprises were never ending..haha.

At the next morning, Kevin brought us to makan at one kopitiam where there were lots of hawker food. It was fully packed but we managed to find a place to sit anyways. After makan, I quickly rushed down back to campus before 12 to grab the draft copy that has being amended from the law office. After dropping off Lerd and Sophia and their respective destination, I realised to my horror that I left my hostel keys at the house. Uhhhhhhhh..looks like I have to spend the night at Sophia and her brother's unit at Desa Palma. I went straight to Seremban upon the revelation of my forgetfulness and had some pork burger first before venturing to the publishers.

As of now, I'm just wandering and getting the net at the campus common room since Soph's place does not have internet. Arghhh..next time really have to pull my own ears to remember hostel keys!

3 comments:

Greynovember said...

u orang pandai menipu. =p

and pork burger? mana mana?

Stan said...

Seremban xDDDDDDDD
But no need to go so far. I heard that there's oork burger at Tropicana Mall too at a place called Ninjajoe =D

Greynovember said...

thou shall not tempt me!