Sunday 29 November 2009

Big Bad Wolf Book Sale

I had plan to return back to campus yesterday morning and I just decided to check the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale website for one last time. If I'm not convinced about going the day before, I was definitely fired up the moment I saw this at the website: Horrible Histories books at RM8 eachhhh!!! Oh gosh..one of these books cost quite a sum usually at around RM32 and now they are at RM8? I could have owned the entire collection! Time to raid Amcorp Mall!

So, there's a slight change of plans in that I won't be going back to Nilai so early and I would make a detour to Amcorp Mall first instead. Considering that the bookfair opens only at 10am and I'm actually ready to be out of the house by 9am, I gather that I would be there early and there would be plenty of parking available to me. I was right and yup, got myself an excellent spot and straight away head to the third floor. Even with me being so early, there were already lots of people there. What the newspaper reported was true, because people were literally carrying boxes to contain their books and most of them were seriously buying books by the boxes. One of the first sections I checked out was the science fiction and I saw Magic the Gathering, Halo and Star Wars novels sold at RM8. I was kinda hopeful that Starcraft or Warcraft novels will be on the list but unfortunately, couldn't find any of them. Nor could I find any decent non-fiction historical books on sale. Despite that, I would still say the selection of books there are still quite recent, just that it doesn't cover all.

Within 30 minutes of being inside, the place is starting to be swamped by even more people. I managed to grab a box to contain some of my book but by then, the crowd is so big that I had to raised my box above the my head as I navigate through the crowded alleys. After browsing through, my selection for purchase are 11 Horrible Histories, 3 Foul Football, 2 Culture shock books (Great Britain and USA), 1 Palgrave International Relations Essay Book, 1 Gary Neville Biography, Infected and Contagious by Scott Siegler and Star Wars: Death Star. Total worth of books is 155 British Pounds and the current exchange rate would translate that to about RM867 worth of goods. The price that I paid for all my books - RM174. Muahahaha..these must have ranked among one the greatest deals I pulled off, the first one being of course, an original Tony Hawk Underground 2 PC Game for S$5 in the past. I don't think they'll come again in another lifetime..haha.

This is seriously worth it..paid RM174 for RM867 worth of books. Super book sale indeed. The iBan must have been wondering what she is doing across the South China Sea at Borneo when there's such a juicy deal at the Peninsula..lol. Especially when she shops for books and claims book rebates from the government..haha. I'm just wondering though how they could actually sell it for so cheap. Surely somebody must have bear the cost. Lol..if I'm a shrewd businessman, I would buy huge quantities of some books for my bookstore and sell them somewhere else. Oh well, I'm absolutely delighted with my purchases. It's gonna take awhile to munch all those materials. =p

3 comments:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Stan said...

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

dc said...

Yo!~ You ve chanced upon a great bargain!!! It reminds me of some great bargain i got too =) like RM 10 for a 100 plus jacket right in front of Puduraya =P Hope that there ll be more coming =P