Friday 9 October 2009

Thesis Marathon

It's another insane rush of torrential panic to finish off a thesis but this time, it's done in a fun way because it's my favourite subject, Public International Law! At least I'm thankful that I'm not pillaging through piles of legislations like land registration or company statutes. Most of the stuff that I'm reading are quite familiar, just that it's now fitted with a legal perspective rather than just mere politics. I'm quite fortunate in that Friday's class was cancelled and this meant that after Thursday's class ended 12pm, there was only one thing to do all the way till deadline on 5pm Friday. It's straight on "chiong-ing" marathon and this mean that I would even sacrifice sleeping at night if need to. As of Thursday afternoon, my word tally stood at a lousy 200/3000. I've actually wanted to start doing way earlier but I kept getting stuck in trying to finish a huge pile of meeting minutes that I need to do for the secretary book since this week is the submission week.

Night time was a little distracting to me with the irresistible food bazaar happening below. I managed to finish only 600 when prayer meeting+dinner time came. Anyways, 5pm still did sound like a long time and at 12am, I slept for 3 hrs until 3am where I got up and stayed up ever since then to rush through 2400 over words. The thing about thesis writing is that it's like crafting a piece of wood. It can easily be finished within 2hrs if I wanted to. I will just throw in a few citations and be done with it. However, that kind of shoddy work will only earn a measly amount of points that is passable. And when it comes to thesis writing, I put in extra effort to think extra hard to craft in the right words to make it into an enjoyable read. Not only that, it'll also be a good reference for my archive of essays..haha. Considering that is public international law, there is no way I'm going slack down in this area where every history-related or politics essay has to be done to a quality standard because it's a work of art. =p

It's kinda mind-suffocating to think of the right words that strike the right chords within such a short time. The room is already so stuffy with the heat and staying in for a marathon of 12 hrs plus without eating lunch too was just numbing. At the end of it all, I felt like puking from nearly being suffocated but the product came out good. I think it's done as best as it could come up, and so I'm quite pleased with it. I managed to hand everything up on time to my lecturer and it's kinda good timing that she was still in her room. After handing up, I do feel the relief all over my body. This weekend is gonna be a relaxing without any worries about nagging datelines and massive workload. Well, time to take a little short break and chill out before the mid-sessional exams period comes.

No comments: